Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk into a ER room and this guy has a tattoo of a taco on one leg and cheese on the other.

First words out of my mouth was the cheese is off the Taco.

Soon!!!

You have nicer stories than I do. Last time I worked in the ER, I got a MVA pt that was naked except for strips of bacon wrapped around his pecker.

I didn’t say “Soon”, I said, “I need a new job”.

True story.

Reactions: 3 people
LWS in response to why nothing has been done..

"I believe nothing has been done with Butch because they believe he gives the best chance to get this team in a bowl game. Any interim would be a disaster to the rest of the season. No assurance Jones gets them to a bowl but the belief is that is the best chance. A bowl for the players is a positive no matter who is the coach in 2018.

As we are witnessing, things change daily with this football program. Will Antone Davis interview expedite things? Would a positive response from Gruden expedite things? Would a loss to Southern Miss expedite things? Only Currie has that answer.

IMO, they will try to get a head coach in place as quickly as possible after the Vanderbilt game. I think their focus will be getting the right guy over saving the recruiting class though. Getting someone they believe will get this program on the right track is more important than this class."

Followed up by Swan..

"i think Larry has summed things up pretty well here... in addition, something that isn’t talked about is there is not a lot of head coaching experience on the current staff.... you really have only two candidates in Hooke and Shoop. Well let’s say one of them takes the Interim position and proceeds to go 0-4, which is a real possibility.... that would only hurt their chances for the next job because all Assisntants and cocordinaors knows this GIG is over after Vandy.... with our current talent and rash of injuries, it would be a huge gamble to be interim HC at TN...... especially since Butch Jones and Larry Scott are the punching bags and taking all the heat locally and Nationally... If im an assistant over there, I’ve got my head down, desperately wanting this season to end so I can move onto my next Coaching assignment....."

Swan

Posted in the RF as well. Just thought you all would like to see it

Larry and Swan are state radio, at this point it's obvious they are 2 people that need to be ignored. Respect for them but they are just mouthpieces for the AD right now, especially Larry. He has no connections anymore

Reactions: 2 people
You didn't know? :)

I've heard him talk about some of his adventures, but not about being a cowboy....

41-JHjsSKKL.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I'm still amazed that people think it's important and worthwhile to make it to some barely-squeaking-in "bowl."

Outside of the biggies, these things aren't bowls. Just participation awards.

Larry and Swan are state radio, at this point it's obvious they are 2 people that need to be ignored. Respect for them but they are just mouthpieces for the AD right now, especially Larry. He has no connections anymore

Larry said Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person

Attachments

• punchhorse.gif
    punchhorse.gif
    790.7 KB · Views: 505
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back