Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mullen. He is in the West so comparing his record to BJ who coached in the east when Missouri won the east title is ridiculous.

Reactions: 3 people
Beaver has been spot on about a lot. Interestingly Swain has now started talking more confidently about Gruden and Currie’s ability to land a big named coach. Noticed beaver now follows Swain. I wonder if he is giving him info? If he was, no way Swain reports it unless he believes it’s true imo.

200.gif

great american bash 89 if i remember correctly.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd love to hear it. I have over the years come to really appreciate both Shannon and Hrabosky, but Buck was a Hall of Fame legend, just a different level and I think they would both agree. It's very sad to think that the Moon Man's days are quickly coming to a close, as he's now 78. and will be missed when that time comes.

My first pro football game was the StL Cardinals vs GB Packers in the old Bush Stadium..the new Park is nice but the old Stadium had all the ghosts. Went to a lot of games in that old stadium.

Beaver has been spot on about a lot. Interestingly Swain has now started talking more confidently about Gruden and Currie’s ability to land a big named coach. Noticed beaver now follows Swain. I wonder if he is giving him info? If he was, no way Swain reports it unless he believes it’s true imo.

If I was Beav I would move from message boards to the mouthpieces as well. The "oak trees" have taken root here.

Some of are choosing to remain quiet for our own good Coasty. There is no real upside to posting everything we hear, only to have one faction accuse us of being trolls or liars, and another latch on and get excited only to ride the roller coaster of emotions 15 minutes later.

I'd rather enjoy the thread and not stick my neck out at this point. That is why I've only ever spoken of the fact that the decision on Butch was made after Georgia, and the money was there for a big hire.

I'm certain others feel the same.

I totally understand you reluctance and hope my statement was not inaccurate .... as I meant to disrespect to you of anyone from 2012...

I agree and want Gruden as much as anyone. But just tell everyone what Gruden has done in the SEC? Or college period for that matter?

Gruden is a PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP coach, savvy ?

If you can't see the impact Gruden would have on Tennessee football (recruiting,world-class coaching staff,winning), i don't know what to tell you, amigo. SMH

Reactions: 6 people
I agree but will add that after Beav said that, he did indeed resume posting.
PS I don't skip over your posts!:hi:

Believe MIT said he wouldn’t be the one to break the news but said he would be back to let us know what he’s heard about OC and DC.

I'd love to hear it. I have over the years come to really appreciate both Shannon and Hrabosky, but Buck was a Hall of Fame legend, just a different level and I think they would both agree. It's very sad to think that the Moon Man's days are quickly coming to a close, as he's now 78. and will be missed when that time comes.[
Butch isn't stepping down anytime soon so I guess there is time. Braves use to and do again send a caravan of players around and Chattanooga is one of the stops. Usually scrubs but in the 70's it was the good ones. Murphy,Niekro,Cox and the Braves had gotten Hrobosky and he was there. My buddies and I were early teens and met Murphy first. He was great even offered us doughnuts.Second Niekro, my friend had like 15 Niekro baseball cards and he signed everyone. Then Hrobosky,He had a giant diamond watch on and I said,"look at his watch. " I was pointing and grazed his arm. He looked up at me with the scowl when he was closing games.Mind you we are like 13,14 yrs. old. Stared straight into my eyes, raised his voice and said,"Don't you ever touch me." To this day don't know if it was a put on or he was for real. Sorry for the time guys. GRUDEN

Reactions: 2 people
71 qtrs. and 7-0 against the houndstooth model

Just think if The General had stayed at UT in one consecutive tenure, what kind of major success he couldve accrued.

Its amazing even after having to start from scratch, twice was it, the soaring level Neyland set the bar....from that to Butch Jones? WTF?

Fulmer came as close as any since, but Jon m'f'n Gruden will show us the way back.

......soon

Reactions: 2 people
You folks realize you are on the Jon Gruden page? Please start your own thread based on who you think will be our next coach. We have regulars that come in and read every post. The time it would save would be greatly appreciated. Gruden soon!!

Reactions: 10 people
And the fallout effect has been achieved.

What have I said...over and over...?

Gonna get to the point where everyone will be satisfied, happy even, with talking about googlecoach, please anyone, just get Butch out.

I think weve arrived.

Its gotta look like all hope is gone, so that Currie and his AD minions can say they saved the deal at the last second.

All the people talking about googlecoaches are the same ones saying Butch will be back next year. Make up your minds.

"Oh ye of little faith..." "you have been weighed measured and found wanting" "you are neither hot or cold but lukewarm and for that I will spew thee from my mouth" all are appropriate for the weak minded actions of a few of you.

Not to go all biblical...but a weak and faithless generation is here for sure....where is your hope? Intestinal fortitude?

What a time to be alive, when there is no black or white only gray area. When if it isnt instant it isnt true. Success and building for the future doesnt happen overnight.

Most of you pass over my posts as just more message board chatter, because Im not an "insider", but I am OG, and Ive committed to hope for the best, because there is absolutely nothing to the rest. Make a commitment and stick to it. If Im wrong in my placement of hope then so be it, you wont have to worry about me anymore, because Saturdays will be spent doing more important things than being spoonfed "legions of the miserable" garbage.

But Ill hold out for hope.

Dilly dilly people.

You haven't fallen on deaf ears RO!! I've been hearing you 🤘 Dilly Dilly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back