Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never, not once, predicted Gruden. All my original information, dating from Georgia weekend, was simply that Butch is gone, and that the replacement would be a big time hire...no more project coaches. All of the obstacles to that happening were eliminated. All Grumor-fun aside I've taken a very wait-and-see approach.

Since then I've heard whispers from people that don't normally speak of such things about interest from the one we want.

What I was told yesterday was from a very personal connection to the party in question. It coincided with some other things going around, and has pegged my meter at this point.

Let it be so. Totally Grudetastic man!

No way Butch coaches against Bama. Even if he’s willing, Currie ain’t allowing a checked out coach to represent UT.

Reactions: 1 person
This is working out really well for everyone. Now if we can just land gruden

Smart of Butch to negotiate buyout as well so he can move on and coach again

Reactions: 1 person
So now the buyout will be smaller. Smart.

ywpPHgu.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know Currie AT ALL. However, I am pretty good at reading people. He seems like a steely eyed poker player and a business man who will play the long game if he needs to. He holds all the cards. Make Butch flinch and save some $$.

Too toxic?? I really really hope that people aren't being straight a**holes to the Jones family. This is football which is emotional and all that, but they haven't done anything to warrant disrespect.

Reactions: 14 people
I live in Nashville. Don't listen to Knox radio. What is being said by him?

Butch is nasi ally resigning and they are currently working on his buyout who h should be reduced. I have no idea exactly what Bassilio is saying but something similar from the other thread.

Too toxic?? I really really hope that people aren't being straight a**holes to the Jones family. This is football which is emotional and all that, but they haven't done anything to warrant disrespect.

Oh, you know it's happening. For every hundred kind-hearted fans, there is 1...tail-hole.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch's lawyers and agent negotiating with Currie for his buyout. Apparently, Butch and family have decided Knoxville is too toxic. He wants out now.

Wonder if Butch enjoyed having Gruden at practice and in the stands. Fans treating him like a rock star all around Knoxville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back