Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that he has done a 180-degree flip-flop in 24 hours.

Yesterday, it was meetings and offers.

Today, it is Brohm.

What gives?

I maybe wrong, but even if they had Gruden locked down being a state school they would have to interview a set number of people so we would hear other names. Could be wrong though

The administration will say they passed on Kelly due the previous NCAA stuff but I recently heard it's due to another reason and because of that reason they are worried he wouldn't fit the culture here.

The culture of losing? Then, yeah, they are probably right. He likes to win.

Reactions: 1 person
2 things:
1) Watching coaches show, he looks like he don't give a rip ... he's checked out.
2) I've decided I don't think I'm gonna wander outside of this thread until we know who the HC is for next season. Too much drama and vitriol out there!

The administration will say they passed on Kelly due the previous NCAA stuff but I recently heard a rumor it's due to another reason and because of that reason they are worried he wouldn't fit the culture here.

The NCAA stuff is a load of horse dung!
He’s all but been cleared by the NCAA. They said he had no knowledge. And at this point, especially after the UNC ruling, they Have no credibility.
I DONT CARE ANOUT WHAT HE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE DONE! I JUST WANT UT TO START WINNING AGAIN!

Ps not disagreeing with you MD. And no offense meant. Just tired of the bs excuses of why we won’t even take a shot at excellence

Reactions: 2 people
The administration will say they passed on Kelly due the previous NCAA stuff but I recently heard a rumor it's due to another reason and because of that reason they are worried he wouldn't fit the culture here.

There is only one big name coach out there that would be a perfect fit here. If you are going to break the bank, the fit has to be perfect.

Broke the Kelly and Tuttle stories before anybody else knew

Just a thought but if someone has good information on the kids and hasn't provided any inside information (that's proven to be accurate) on the administration, he's probably just friends with one of the players.

The NCAA stuff is a load of horse dung!
He’s all but been cleared by the NCAA. They said he had no knowledge. And at this point, especially after the UNC ruling, they Have no credibility.
I DONT CARE ANOUT WHAT HE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE DONE! I JUST WANT UT TO START WINNING AGAIN!

Now, now. He doesn't fit the 'culture.' Just sit here and eat the gruel of a hire like Brohm , or Fleck, or a million other CBJ part 2

It is interesting that he has done a 180-degree flip-flop in 24 hours.

Yesterday, it was meetings and offers.

Today, it is Brohm.

What gives?

The problem with this and every situation like It is that things change daily: rumors, leaks, directions, conversations, etc....

We will know when we know.

Reading the Grudenomics on this board, I can't tell what the real possibilities with him are. But, it seems there may have been a near miss with him previously but for two problems:

(1) Reluctance on the admin side. Question here. Couldn't we say that the money that Alabama risked to lay hold of Nick Saban has more than paid off (in $$$$ even)?

(2) Reluctance to give up control on the big boosters part. Well, just how much success in the last three hires have their wishes led to?

Let's do it if there's a chance. Market it to Gruden that he could be the next Nick Saban in the SEC.

I maybe wrong, but even if they had Gruden locked down being a state school they would have to interview a set number of people so we would hear other names. Could be wrong though

But you could be right.
Spent the weekend getting real work done bringing in the Grude dog.

Now they just playing with puppies.

Soon

Too early. We still have a head coach. The "inside information " will get hot when Butch is officially terminated.

This is a completely different animal than last time. The last effort was more booster driven and info was leaking like crazy. This will be more AD driven and solid info will be hard to come by.

Reactions: 4 people
There is only one big name coach out there that would be a perfect fit here. If you are going to break the bank, the fit has to be perfect.

I honestly don't know why Gruden wouldn't be interested in this job. He says he wants to coach again. It is obvious he is wanted here...badly. College football has way more pomp and pageantry than the NFL -- could you imagine the buildup of Gruden v. Saban? This would be one place he could move his wife and she would at least have some roots.

It just makes too much sense.

The problem with this and every situation like It is that things change daily: rumors, leaks, directions, conversations, etc....

You sound like my husband. "It's as if you think you can wish this into being. Reading Vol Nation obsessively won't make Gruden the coach." He clearly doesn't get it (even if there is a nugget of truth there).

Last edited:

Logic in the Gruden thread? Get outta here with that logic!

You sound like my husband. "It's as if you think you can wish this into being. Reading Vol Nation obsessively won't make Gruden the coach." He clearly doesn't get it (even if there is a nugget of truth there).

I think if we try hard enough we can will it to happen:)

I honestly don't know why Gruden wouldn't be interested in this job. He says he wants to coach again. It is obvious he is wanted here...badly. College football has way more pomp and pageantry than the NFL -- could you imagine the buildup of Gruden v. Saban? This would be one place he could move his wife and she would at least have some roots.

It just makes too much sense.

It isn't the UT job as much as it is, at age 54 does he want to coach again and all that entails. If he does, wherever he goes will probably be his last stop, so the fit has to be perfect on his end. It will be a tight needle to thread.

You guys should check out @neylandmafia. He is tweeting to anyone and everyone to help us fire Butch Jones. He tweeted to @jimmyjohns and said if they help get him fired, 102,455 people with eat their sandwiches until Thanksgiving. I love this guy

Lol. Is this the one that also tweeted Bill Clinton to help fire Butch?

You guys should check out @neylandmafia. He is tweeting to anyone and everyone to help us fire Butch Jones. He tweeted to @jimmyjohns and said if they help get him fired, 102,455 people with eat their sandwiches until Thanksgiving. I love this guy
Yeah, that's the side of the fan base you want to highlight when we're on that verge of a coaching change.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back