Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me you guys would want someone that actually wants to be the head coach of the Vols instead of a guy that's been out of coaching for a while and has turned down the opportunity.

Maybe you should be careful for what you ask.

You're right.
It's not like Gruden ever said UT was like his dream job or anything.

Reactions: 7 people
All right boys I’m from Cleveland but i am not getting involved in some weird cousin thing. I’ll leave that for the bama fans

b95143bf9d71a289365922de425f4d9e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
It’s going to be priceless in here if we win on Saturday. FTR I want Gruden and also think we’ll lose this weekend. However, IF we do win and look decent in doing so and 8-4 looks like a possibility then it’s going to make it real interesting.

This is quite a predicament... I don’t know if they (AD) have the balls to fire an 8-4 coach coming off of 3 straight bowl wins. OTOH I don’t know how you warrant giving Jones an extension.

Will the AD gamble at him going 8-4, not give him an extension and hope he takes a job elsewhere? I think the timing would be very poor to let it play out that far. Again, this is all JMO if 8-4 were to happen which I don’t think it will.

It’s going to be priceless in here if we win on Saturday. FTR I want Gruden and also think we’ll lose this weekend. However, IF we do win and look decent in doing so and 8-4 looks like a possibility then it’s going to make it real interesting.

This is quite a predicament... I don’t know if they (AD) have the balls to fire an 8-4 coach coming off of 3 straight bowl wins. OTOH I don’t know how you warrant giving Jones an extension.

Will the AD gamble at him going 8-4, not give him an extension and hope he takes a job elsewhere? I think the timing would be very poor to let it play out that far. Again, this is all JMO if 8-4 were to happen which I don’t think it will.
I'd say at this point they're not going to get back at least half the people who are off the bandwagon without a coaching change. I'll be conservative and say that about 60% are against Butch returning although most of the (probably unscientific) polls I see online are running in the 80-90% anti range. How long can UTAD be viable without 30% of the fanbase?

I was told in the beginning "there is a path that would allow Butch to retain his job" others have been told that "Butch believes there is a path to retain his job, but he is gone no matter what!"

Like you, I think it would be very difficult to fire an 8-4 coach, but thing it less likely, as I see 4-8 or 5-7 more likely with a 6-6 possible

I don't think it matters if he goes 8-4. Gruden is coming to town!!

Reactions: 5 people
I know they wouldn't care, but I'm beginning to add folks to my ignore list. Ain't no sense in coming into this thread and try to stir up a stink. If Gruden is such a pipe dream, then why not make fun of us elsewhere. Leave us alone in here.

It's not a safe space ... it's a members only club!

Triggered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back