Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah....it was contractual in some respect. I was told at the time that UT was buying out the ESPN contract. Not sure if that meant AD or boosters.

Wow. You think ESPN strong armed him into finishing out the season? They pay a pretty penny to get those games and I could see them not wanting to rock the boat. I will say, Jon didn't seem his usual self last night in the booth.

It's hard to not think this but I can't help it. I just keep thinking our program is being run by a bunch of Bammers. It's like the US government being run by a former Al Qaeda memeber.

There isn't anything as a former Bammer...even if they aren't wearing Crimson and white they are still Bammers and the same with Al Qaeda, no formers, still bad guys!

morning bruin!

You know i love ya right!
I understand you are trying to make a strong case here.

What i wanna know is do you have any better rational candidates left tacked up on your hart-board?

And say goodmorning to the rest of the ad department on behalf of the volnation!

Oh and......go gruden!

lol.

Reactions: 1 person
You have to look at it from florida's perspective though. If strong was at ut back in the 90's. Let's say he leaves to take a job after 98' where the previous coach was 4-8 and he goes 7-6 in his first year. Then Fulmer retires after 99' season. Most people would want Strong to come back and be the coach unless there are some obvious red flags. I'm just not sold.

I give you this is a good point. Without strongs year this year I would lean toward exactly your point here. If anything strong has proven a lot of people wrong and you want to include florida in that list then so be it. I love the fact he has a huge chip on his shoulders and it out to keep proving people wrong. A motivated man is fine by me!

I may be completely wrong, but that is part of my problem with him. I cannot think of many assistants that have over 25 yrs experience then become a head coach and excel.

Oh yea I'm with you. No Charlie Strong for me. I think if he is hired it will be a measure to get us back to winning 8-9 games a year and have the program back to where it might be more inticing to a bigger name coach.

I am of the opinion that if Gruden truly doesn't want to come here, there are other Grudenesque hires than can be made if the university is prepared to spend the money. Spend NFL dollars and there will be a lot of coaches that will take a look at you.

And Louisville is going to get their collective eyes "beat shut" by Florida and Mr. Muschamp!

Have you watche Florida at all? More times than not they play down to their opponent. It's not florida's defense that will win this game if they do. It's gonna be the offense.

I don't get it. If this woulda been 2008, people woulda been clamoring for him. That year they won the second title. It's almost bad to a lotta people that he went coached at Louisville when he clearly shows he can improve and recruit. And if he doesn't get the big ones, he still coaches up his team.

Please show me where he can recruit while he has been at Louisville.

Wanna meet me at the car wash? Jesus....

You call me out, I call you out. That's how it works.

I ignore you. You follow me around like a puppy and soil the rug. I smack you with the newspaper, and rub your nose in $#!+.

That is a much more accurate interpretation of how this works.

Reactions: 4 people
Wanna meet me at the car wash? Jesus....

You call me out, I call you out. That's how it works.

I don't usually get evolved in other people's issues but your disrespect is insulting and un-needed. It only proves Boro's and others point.

I work with people everyday who have lost more than they can handle and this name us use is all they have. I know this is only a chat board but it is still very disrespectful..

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back