Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is the killer. If it was actually going to happen, the UT side might be able to keep a lid on it, but information would be leaking like a sieve from the ESPN side at this point, wouldn't it?

They would be the last to know

Who says it's that simple? You?

Did you read my first post about mitigating subjectivity? Something about polls with equal regional representation, averaging them and ordering accordingly?

Also, the law of averages takes over. Instead of a 13-member panel making appointments, nationally respected polls that are not "loaded" are making the appointments over an average.

As previously stated, agree to disagree. I wish we had football all year, but that's not going to happen. While my love for football is deeper than the seven seas, I want a system that is good for the universities and spectators alike, not the brokers who are making millions off a loaded, speculative approach.

Relying on polls is hardly mitigating subjectivity. That's promoting it.

Having 75% of the selections correct vs having 50% of the selections correct is improvement in my mind.

I would however like to see a 6 to 8 team playoff with power 5 conference champs automatically in.

That would give us:
Oklahoma 12-1
Clemson 12-1
Ohio St 11-2
USC 11-2
UGA 12-1
plus 3 at large like Wisconsin or bama or even UCF.

FWIW the worst record of a conference champ this year was 10-3.

Reactions: 1 person
Exile, just thinking out loud here but Philip might be floating Miles name around because of their friendship and Miles desire to return to coaching - gets his name back in the news in case someone else wants to show interest in him - plus, I suppose he could be a backup plan if current plans do not materialize ...

I mentioned this very thing in a separate post.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you hearing today's the deadline? Phil is in NYC tomorrow so that makes Wednesday the earliest for an announcement.

I don’t know if that it is a deadline. I talked to two guys in the AD this morning and they both said no one there expected to hear anything before Thursday or Friday as far as an announcement.

First, thank you all for helping me get through the night last night.

Some of you here are aware that our cat was diagnosed with a tumor a few weeks ago.

She’s been a part of our family for 17 years.

Today, I say goodbye - for a while.

I could use that group hug that was going around a couple of days ago. 😔

I’m so sorry for your loss.

That would give us:
Oklahoma 12-1
Clemson 12-1
Ohio St 11-2
USC 11-2
UGA 12-1
plus 3 at large like Wisconsin or bama or even UCF.

FWIW the worst record of a conference champ this year was 10-3.

And 4 more bowl games that currently mean nothing would be able to fill their stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back