Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take insane any day over your lack of reading comprehension skills and total irrationality. I was not inferring that it would be the only criteria, but should have some value.

I think they should take the champ from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 and ACC, throw in 3 at large teams (probably the 3 highest ranked non champs or maybe somebody like UCF) and have an 8 team playoff.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't believe that Gruden hasn't given a answer. He's had wks/months to think of his plan. The ones that matter the most know if he is in or out. They just haven't told us dreamers. SOON I hope

Reactions: 1 person
Hire Gruden and tell Haslam to enjoy prison.

FWIW, I am concerned Haslam is going to try and torpedo things.

And this is why I think we aren’t hearing much. I would think the new regime doesn’t want anything leaked so that old powers can’t sabotage the hire.

And you know what? Everything else aside, Gruden HAS been wooed, like no other coaching candidate ever has in history. He's been offered absolutely unprecedented combinations of control and money to coach at Tennessee.

Revoke my Gruden Card if you want, but if he wants to be "wooed" MORE than what we've laid out for him up to now, he is crazier than Mike Leach and Les Miles combined, and we don't need him near our program.

I think today is Decision Day for John Gruden.

What about Jon Gruden though? J/K, it’s been a long three months.

And you know what? Everything else aside, Gruden HAS been wooed, like no other coaching candidate ever has in history. He's been offered absolutely unprecedented combinations of control and money to coach at Tennessee.

Revoke my Gruden Card if you want, but if he wants to be "wooed" MORE than what we've laid out for him up to now, he is crazier than Mike Leach and Les Miles combined, and we don't need him near our program.

Agreed, it seems if he does not make the move today he is not too confident in his ability to bring UT back to prominence. Never before has a coach been pursued by a fanbase so intently. Its time to announce or move on!!:popcorn:

I can't believe that Gruden hasn't given a answer. He's had wks/months to think of his plan. The ones that matter the most know if he is in or out. They just haven't told us dreamers. SOON I hope

I think that Fulmer will basically give him a "are you coming or not" ultimatum. And not wait around for an answer. Either Gruden knows what he wants to do or he doesn't. We need to cut the carrot off the string.

Fulmer is/was a coach. So IMO I think he is putting together a whole staff, not just a HC. He now has full control of the program, like Saban. So he could be setting up whoever he wants in the key positions and telling whomever he decides to bring in as HC these are you options. Its a good list....

Not meant in a negative way. I just feel Fulmer might still feel like its his program, which it is, just different people that we will hopefully not be calling for their heads in a couple of years.

Again, this is all my opinion.

It can be dangerous to pick a staff for someone. Most of the best leaders want to pick their own staff.

There's something to be said for this. I believe Gruden had a face to face yesterday, after phone talks Saturday and Friday. I don't think that a face to face would have happened without papers being delivered. And I have a hard time thinking papers would be delivered without having a good idea of the answer first.

My comments about Miles were to speculate why we are hearing so much of it. Not to suggest that I don't feel good about Gruden.

But of course, we all have to wait and see.

Reactions: 4 people

when do you think Jon Grudens decision will be made? have we been wooing John Gruden this whole time? that d*** currie and his incompetence

Fulmer is/was a coach. So IMO I think he is putting together a whole staff, not just a HC. He now has full control of the program, like Saban. So he could be setting up whoever he wants in the key positions and telling whomever he decides to bring in as HC these are you options. Its a good list....

Not meant in a negative way. I just feel Fulmer might still feel like its his program, which it is, just different people that we will hopefully not be calling for their heads in a couple of years.

Again, this is all my opinion.

If CPF is putting together a whole staff without a HC, we are screwed.

If all of this is true, which I believe it is, I agree with Exile. We don't need him. With that said, I want him so bad.

Reactions: 4 people
Now see, folks. This is what we call "reading impaired." Seems like someone can't actually see that there have been almost as many mentions of Les Miles as Gruden so far. This is what we also call "seeing what they want and nothing else."

Instead of bringing discussion, posters like this just throw crap out there in a vain hopes of trolling. They offer nothing of substance to any discussion and just post to either pad a post count or push you into an argument.

Don't be that guy/gal.

giphy.gif

By boosters or by the person actually making the decision. There's a big difference there. Again, not Phils style. Boosters can offer to give Gruden the moon and the stars and give him the $10 million AAV, but if the University doesn't agree to it none of that matters.

I think they should take the champ from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 and ACC, throw in 3 at large teams (probably the 3 highest ranked non champs or maybe somebody like UCF) and have an 8 team playoff.

In the event a 7-6 type team wins their conference, they have no business being in a playoff over teams who're 11-1/10-2. The playoff is nothing more than a ploy for more money. I wasn't a fan of it's inception, and am still not.

The easiest way to minimize subjectivity is to utilize the AP poll (with equal regional input), the coaches poll (with equal regional input) and the Harris poll. Average all three and order the teams accordingly. One and two play for the title.

Hell, while we're at it, let's get a 64-team bracket and play football until Easter....

All the playoff has done is open the door to more female dogging (see Baylor/TCU a few years back, see PSU last year, see tOSU/Wisky/USC this year).

when do you think Jon Grudens decision will be made? have we been wooing John Gruden this whole time? that d*** currie and his incompetence

It may have already been made.

If for some reason it hasn't, I think today is his deadline to decide.

Edit: keep in mind, decision day is not the same as announcement day.

So I haven't posted much in this thread, but still keeping up. I really try to remain neutral on everything, BUT I see no reason to believe anything other than positives right now. Gruden is more likely now than ever in light of last weeks events.

Regardless, even if CPF trots out the worst turd in the history of NCAA fb, he will have my support. THAT is what it means to be a Vol.

SOON! GBO! #ComeTogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back