Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy’s Bandit;14799345 said:
This was buried at the end of the last thread and I am curious to everyone’s thoughts. It was mentioned Gus would be headed to Arkansas.

I have heard Jerry (Haslam) is not a fan of Gus (Gruden). This might be a perfect playground for reVOLution II. Might be interesting to watch and I would be interested in seeing how the national pundits would play this. The blueprint has been shown and this is going to happen again. I just want to see how the pundits play the next one. I bet it will be totally different.

Did you have a stroke?

What does this even say?

Reactions: 4 people
Ok so its XLVII last thread was XLVI and we got Phil. This thread we get Gruden.
1st was "Xtra Large Victory I" now is "Xtra Large Victory II"

Reactions: 3 people
Hacks don’t earn these.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

UDwsc

Woke up today..

The coffee is a little hotter
The sun's a little brighter
The air is a little cleaner
Making a tuition payment to UT stings a little less
Alabama doesn't play football today

And MIT flipping someone off for being an idiot.

Today's perfect so far.

Reactions: 15 people
No, booboo, that's your savior's record. FYI.

We'll keep that in mind as you want to settle for mediocrity. Mullen is Florida in case you haven't heard. Go cheer for them then jump back on.

Besides we achieved as far as I am concerned 90% of what we wanted. That was to disable the Haslams. The next step is a coach we all get behind.

But since we are talking records. What was Sabans, Spurriers, Carrols first stint, etc NFL's record?

Reactions: 16 people
Woke up today..

The coffee is a little hotter
The sun's a little brighter
The air is a little cleaner
Making a tuition payment to UT stings a little less
Alabama doesn't play football today

And MIT flipping someone off for being an idiot.

Today's perfect so far.

Brando? Perfect victim for the Beav.

today will be the day that UTK & ADPF bring the media to its knees to steal the pre-game thunder from the SEC championship by announcing that "soon" has arrived boys and girls and it will be "Gruden to the hill".

and his response to the media will be who's laughing now azz holes and you can GT**
THIS IS FOR YOU

Attachments

• penguin-slap.gif
    penguin-slap.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 607
Reactions: 2 people
From AOS TIFWIW

Without giving away too much info (reddit doxxing is scary)-I'm dating a former Tennessee player who is still very involved with the program. He knows I'm obsessed with cfb, so he tells me everything that's going on. He's still close with guys like Jay Graham and Tee Martin, and told me about the Fulmer coup before it happened.
Apparently, Peyton Manning is chummy with the Haslams and other players don't like it. The Haslams act like they own the program and other big money donors are getting upset. THAT'S why they got Fulmer in as AD-as a big middle finger to the Haslams, who HATE it. As far as coaches are concerned, he and other former players really want Lane Kiffin back in Knoxville. If Kiffin came back, he would bring Tee Martin with him, as they are still extremely close. That would be a win-win for Tennessee, but the big money boosters and some of the administration are still salty about how Kiffin left, so this probably won't happen. Now, Cutcliffe may reconsider now that Fulmer is AD-but another name he floated to me was David Shaw at Stanford. I asked him if it was serious and he said to keep an eye on it. One thing that stood out was he said that Shaw really loves the game, and Stanford is an academic institution that never sells out a home game. Apparently that is wearing on him a bit, and he misses the intensity and passion that maybe other bigger sports schools could offer. So, we shall see. But that name really surprised me.
Edit: this is the best pillow talk haha
Double Edit: Tee is getting an interview as well. We know this for a fact. We just don't know how serious it will be. Also, I forgot to mention that the Haslams DON'T want former players involved with the program because they know they will lose control if the players are all united and vocal. Now that Fulmer is back, former players are going to come out of the woodwork. The Haslams have officially lost control of Tennessee.

Reactions: 29 people

You are a good man and proud you are in this thread.... but does this mean anything or just a normal post!

I am so old and forgetful and believe one day and don't the next ... There are very few I trust or believe and you are one of the good ones I trust... Is this good for Gruden?

Reactions: 1 person
I am sure they are all over larger cities, but we need one everywhere. Hangover Heaven. Mega B 12 shot and IV fluids...within half an hour, the worst hangover you have ever had will be a distant memory.

Had to do that in Vegas last year. I was skeptical, but worked like a charm.

I’ve never heard of Hangover Heaven....
That’s brilliant!

ladies and gentlepeoples ... we need to make our desires known. it's time to direct our attention to Director Fulmer. however, our emails should be support and suggest. this is no longer a protest. congratulate the man, and mention gruden as your prime choice to be the next head coach.

pfulmer@tennessee.edu

probably should contact Chancellor Davenport and thank her for having the stones to stand up to the HoH.

chancellor@utk.edu

dgolden@tennessee.edu jpullum@tennessee.edu stafford@tennessee.edu utkdevelopment@utfi.org cbryant@utfi.org lee@utfi.org cyates@utfi.org jdulling@utfi.org athleticdirector@utk.edu rsigmon@utk.edu dthomas7@utk.edu aboyd@utk.edu bdebord@tennessee.edu adonovan@utk.edu delliott@tennessee.edu kgulbrand@utk.edu

Reactions: 1 person
Fan tweets and emails were part of a larger effort, much of which was unseen. Phil was selected for a role by the unseen, and I'm sure they are communicating with him just as directly as Haslam was with Currie. JMO, of course, but maybe Atlanta_VOL will come around sometime and give us the highlights. The point being that they didn't push this to simply let him go hire the first guy he felt would do a good job. They pushed this because they recognize the benefit of returning Tennessee to its former glory, and were willing to stage a coup to do it.

PleaEs be sure to insert "just my opinion ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back