Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey currie. My lawn has a bunch of leaves on I‎t from not having any time because I have been emailing your bosses. Well anyway, needs to be cleaned up and I know you have free time. The last paycheck you got, probably had some of my donation in I‎t, so take that as your payment.

Reactions: 1 person
Coastal22 on VQ...

"With Currie gone, and Haslam needing to get out of the heat/intense negativity of the state...the other boosters who blocked all these other hires and Fulmer can go after Gruden with a real, and really big offer. Removing Currie was step 1. Curtailing Haslam influence was step 2. Gruden will never be in a better position to get all of the $, control, and power he wants than right now. UT is desperate not to lose booster money, donations, the fan base, etc. And it's time to not be negligent or rogue and actually make JG a university-led (not private offer). If he says no, you still have a floor with guys like Les, Leach, Tee. We are in a much better spot now, whoever we get."

It's time to fire the Grumors back up!!!

Reactions: 18 people
Can someone please explain what is going on?

Did Currie go rogue against Haslam?

Was Currie a double agent trying to expose Haslam?

Which side is Fulmer on? Haslam or Gruden Super Boosters?

Where does Peyton Manning fall in this?

Beav? Anyone care to explain??

Brace yourselves guys, a lot of the ones that bailed on this thread are gonna come back.

And the trolls... always the trolls...

Reactions: 5 people
I'm still Gruden till it's not. However, I feel like the walls are closing in. Over the past 3 weeks I can without a doubt say that I've spent more time looking at these Gruden threads than I have the work I'm supposed to be doing. If I could go back knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change a thing.

#Soon

Hey past me, things are looking better.

#SoonAgain

Yep @BillHaslam you know the guy born with money, doesn't know how to act when he doesn't get what he wants, only wants POWER!!! Haslams are far from gone they know one way to play and that's show everyone who is boss....we want Gruden they are still going to do EVERYTHING TO SHOW WE ONLY GET WHAT THEY WANT US TO HAVE AND THEY DO NOT WANT US TO HAVE THE POWER.

Not true. They could be staring at RICO charges. They are neutered.

Last edited:

Uhhh.....YES!?!?!?

I always thought Fulmer was a Sith Lord. He's doing a creepy cackle right now I bet. He!! give him a year and he'll be the new Governor.

Davenport needs to be the next one out the door.

I do believe that Shiano was Currie's one and only target and I'm sure that was with the blessing and encouragement of Haslam. But it has occurred to me that after Shiano blew up in their faces maybe Currie was stepping off the HOH reservation and Davenport is the real puppet in this.

This is beginning to remind me of the French Revolution. Particularly the phase they called The Terror.

After the revolt started, just pure energy from the masses, there was really no single person or group in charge. Just a rabble.

Then the Girondins gained a degree of control. They wanted limited power for the monarchy, and more economic and social freedom. They were like the middle class in charge.

Well, they eventually got rolled by the Jacobins. These were the masses, the lower class, only this time organized. They believed in mob power, but didn't respect any individual in the mob, just the mob as a whole. They're the ones who started chopping off heads.

Well, after a while it became evident that all the Jacobins could do was say "no" to everything they had no real way forward, so the Exiles took over. And chopped off all the heads of the leaders of the Jacobins.

And so it went. [admittedly a hugely simplistic synopsis of the French Revolution]

What's my point?

(1) we're a mob at this point, moving forward without a clear objective. We can say "no" to a lot of things, but "yes" to very little (other than Gruden, but there's no evidence of any concrete path that leads to his door, much less to him signing on).

(2) we're eating ourselves. The Terror was known for that. It was said that The French Revolution, at its worst, was France eating her own children. So why stop at Currie, or Davenport, or Haslam, some now want us to metaphorically chop Phil Fulmer's head off, push Blackburn aside, and go for Davis. Where does it stop?

(3) no one is in charge. There are no real leaders to this movement. Those who pretend to lead, Beav and Bubba and AV and Paul, they are apparently nothing more or less than rabble rousers, cheering from the sidelines. Haven't provided any evidence they're actually doing anything, or even explained in detail what they're supposedly attempting.

So yeah...we have a social movement. And we've apparently gotten Currie fired (which was, admittedly, a smart step).

But where the hell do we think we're going? What's the game plan, in detail? What's the end game? What's the objective?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Attachments

• 25944C8A-EBF9-4EF0-BB10-96B2CC24FF8D.jpg
    25944C8A-EBF9-4EF0-BB10-96B2CC24FF8D.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
  • F6BB8C7E-307C-4E23-9481-5FC6F10BB929.jpg
    F6BB8C7E-307C-4E23-9481-5FC6F10BB929.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 6 people
Wait a minute...why does anyone think Fulmer is a Haslam man when both Hammy & Currie were Haslam men that fired Fulmer?

Reactions: 4 people
tenor.gif

Yes
No
Thunder Thorton, Allan Jones, the sane side
Don't really know

Haslam is seeing the beginning of the end!!!!

77A05948-C0A4-4883-8438-EE51A5D4920A.jpg

I’m driving, so I’m trying to be very careful. But I want to say thank you to the beav, Atlanta, knucklehead, and Tuesday!!!

Reactions: 5 people
What’s the consensus on our new AD

Charles Davis?

Fulmer?

Blackburn?
It sounds like Blackburn may have “other” things going on right now

What say you VN?

This is beginning to remind me of the French Revolution. Particularly the phase they called The Terror.

After the revolt started, just pure energy from the masses, there was really no single person or group in charge. Just a rabble.

Then the Girondins gained a degree of control. They wanted limited power for the monarchy, and more economic and social freedom. They were like the middle class in charge.

Well, they eventually got rolled by the Jacobins. These were the masses, the lower class, only this time organized. They believed in mob power, but didn't respect any individual in the mob, just the mob as a whole. They're the ones who started chopping off heads.

Well, after a while it became evident that all the Jacobins could do was say "no" to everything they had no real way forward, so the Exiles took over. And chopped off all the heads of the leaders of the Jacobins.

And so it went. [admittedly a hugely simplistic synopsis of the French Revolution]

What's my point?

(1) we're a mob at this point, moving forward without a clear objective. We can say "no" to a lot of things, but "yes" to very little (other than Gruden, but there's no evidence of any concrete path that leads to his door, much less to him signing on).

(2) we're eating ourselves. The Terror was known for that. It was said that The French Revolution, at its worse, was France eating her own children. So why stop at Currie, or Davenport, or Haslam, some now want us to metaphorically chop Phil Fulmer's head off, push Blackburn aside, and go for Davis. Where does it stop?

(3) no one is in charge. There are no real leaders to this movement. Those who pretend to lead, Beav and Bubba and AV and Paul, they are apparently nothing more or less than rabble rousers, cheering from the sidelines. Haven't provided any evidence they're actually doing anything, or even explained in detail what they're supposedly attempting.

So yeah...we have a social movement. And we've apparently gotten Currie fired (which was, admittedly, a smart step).

But where the hell do we think we're going? That's the game plan, in detail? What's the end game? What's the objective?
I am confused as well. PV was on here just days ago telling us all that Haslam was not the problem and didn't want to hurt UT. Now he's telling us to fight...fight who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back