Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s push for him because he’s the best option, not make it anything to do with race.

Whoa whoa whoa. I am not making anything about race. I think he would be a slam dunk. VFL in the seat of power that is all Orange, he bled on shields Watkins. All I was pointing out is that those guy could not start any trouble like they seem to want to stir up over the coach search. We have to opportunistic at every turn just like using Clay and his tweeter army. Speaking off start hitting him with hiring Charles.

Reactions: 6 people
Sorry if already posted.

Attachments

• 21D96C16-718D-436C-9E17-96B4CC928F31.jpg
    21D96C16-718D-436C-9E17-96B4CC928F31.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
  • A04E72EE-B11D-44BF-B01A-2117F761247A.jpg
    A04E72EE-B11D-44BF-B01A-2117F761247A.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1 person
A lot to discuss. Not enough time. I’ll try and get info to you as I can. In short, you all know what I know. It’s been well publicized (which is what we all wanted, right?). Bev’s being more of a mediator this time around. Currie’s trying to prove himself and is trying to break from the “Haslam way”.

Reactions: 4 people
tenor.gif

Ive asked and asked what SPECIFICALLY are the money guys doing to thwart these attemlts and have yet to recieve one detailed answer.

Yet I persist. Why? Because a decade of incompetence is why. Hope is why. If I dont love this team and have hope for their future and am willing to settle because I lack the fortitude to carry on then I as well disappear and quit.

Id rather this thread have three people full of hope and passion than 100,000 dead heads loke we seein the stadium on saturdays when the going gets rough.

If tickets were as hard to come by for half of you all as they are me, youd stay til the very last second win or lose. But your tickets are easy, your devotion is purchase able. Thats why our crowd boos at games, but cant cheer, leaves early rather than stay. Half the people making decisions treat a real life game, an experience where the hairs on your arms stand up, like its background noise for the skyboxes, the sip $50 drinks and laugh while bot even watching the game. We expect these people to decide what's right for the common fan?

Sorry to rant. This isnt about cocktail clubs. Nor money. This is about my dad getting to see winning TN football before he dies. Its about mybsons and daughter having orange blood in their veins.

Reactions: 5 people
It ain't over till it's over !!

"Down goes Currie" "Down goes Currie" "Down goes Currie"

Attachments

• isbnz1hbwk001.jpg
    isbnz1hbwk001.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 432
Reactions: 6 people
And your point is?

Are you trying to imply that a person who volunteers to support a political campaign should NOT want to know what the purpose and goals are?

Do you believe the movement has leaders? I do not. The folks you mentioned dont have a significant following to be seen as leaders, do they. To me, this movement is more like a swarm of birds in flight...banking and diving and rising as a unit.

Reactions: 1 person
And your point is?

Are you trying to imply that a person who volunteers to support a political campaign should NOT want to know what the purpose and goals are?

We've all been on this train for a while now, it was about Gruden specifically, but he is really just a placeholder for the idea of returning to excellence. It became abundantly clear since Sunday that John Currie and his puppet master(s) are opposed to that, and thus getting him out is the goal. How hard is that? Stay on target.

FIRE. BEFORE. HIRE.

The stones to walk into a meeting with your boss late and you’ve flopped on the biggest coaching search of your career.....

That’s good for business.

Reactions: 3 people
Its GrudenTime in Tennessee. Leach should be the last number in the dance recital that was the payoff to Sexton for the abandoned Schiano "contract".

Whether Currie is fired immediately and an interim AD appointed or he actually annouces Gruden's hiring is inmaterial at this point.

Haslam and Currie blinked when the Schaino 'bait and switch' blew up. Haslam certainly saw the moves (donation wise) the Boosters were making, his counter was the "Schiano hire". When that deal went south he was done - he had nothing else. His hand picked AD would be gone soon and his influence on Athletics would be greatly diminished.

Haslam is old school, he and Currie did not appreciate the power of social media which is the force that cratered Schiano. The Boosters appreciated the power inherent in social media (that's us) and harnessed it to their advantage in their power struggle with Haslam.

Haslam will remain in play in UT politics but his influence in UT Athletics will be secondary to other influences.

It has been an interesting ride to this point but it is going to get better. By Monday we should be celebrating Gruden as the new Tennessee head coach.

Keep the faith!

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back