Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my lord, we did it! Thanks to you guys for mobilizing the fans against this crappy administration, getting Currie out, and now folks know what Haslam is up to! Hopefully our singer troll was correct and we are about to get.....GRUDEN TO THE HILL!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Do you believe the movement has leaders? I do not. The folks you mentioned dont have a significant following to be seen as leaders, do they. To me, this movement is more like a swarm of birds in flight...banking and diving and rising as a unit.

That's entirely possible, McDad.

AV and others have implied that there are two parallel efforts running; ours, the fans and students, publicly; and a Big Booster effort behind closed doors.

But you're right; that could all be hogwash.

I'm just asking those who say the latter exists to explain exactly what they're doing, what they hope to accomplish (in detail), and how.

Sara, will the objective change now?

Fire Currie and end the HOH should now be Hire Blackburn and end the HOH?

my email this morning:

Why are they (Haslam and Currie) still allowed to hire a coach? Haven't they embarrassed the University enough already?
And make no mistake about it, Haslam is hiring the coach. Don't believe me:
Report: Tennessee booster Jimmy Haslam scolds lawmakers for anti-Greg Schiano comments

Report: Tennessee booster Jimmy Haslam scolds lawmakers for anti-Greg Schia...(link to article)

Here's a quote from the article:
But a report from Clay Travis of Outkick the Coverage has taken that narrative to a new level. Haslam, who also owns the Cleveland Browns, is personally calling Tennessee lawmakers who were critical of the possible hire of Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano.

“You don’t make the Tennessee hire, we do,” Haslam said, according to Travis.

Haslam is making this hire, using his puppet, Currie. This entire search has been a debacle.

Schiano - are you serious?
Gundy - he was never coming here, no matter the offer. Just another embarrassing turn down.
Brohm - a decent hire, that Currie screwed up.
Doeren - Derek Dooley 2.0. He has done nothing to deserve the UT job. Another failed attempt.
Sumlin - a big name with mediocre results. Are we settling for mediocrity?
Leach - Craig James's son? Remember that? He's currently suing Texas Tech. A good coach, but legit baggage.

And this doesn't even take into account Chad Morris and others who have turned us down quietly.

Someone needs to stand up to the House of Haslam, fire John Currie, hire David Blackburn (a dyed in the wool Volunteer) and support him to make this hire.

I have been a life long Vol fan. I don't have much, but I work hard and spend money of UT games and gear.
I will not spend another dime on anything UT, as long as Haslam and Currie are in charge of this hire, and make another abominable decision.

Sincerely,
---- Webb

This is my email list ... do i need to add anyone?

chancellor@utk.edu dgolden@tennessee.edu jpullum@tennessee.edu stafford@tennessee.edu utkdevelopment@utfi.org cbryant@utfi.org lee@utfi.org cyates@utfi.org jdulling@utfi.org athleticdirector@utk.edu rsigmon@utk.edu dthomas7@utk.edu aboyd@utk.edu bdebord@tennessee.edu adonovan@utk.edu delliott@tennessee.edu kgulbrand@utk.edu

Reactions: 4 people
No celebrations yet. "Stripped of powers" reeks of a PR bait and switch to pacify the public, most of whom will probably buy it. Unless and until Currie is out, as in "pack your chit and go" out, we must keep on keeping on. Then we must get a new or interim AD who will not be a puppet of the HOH.

Reactions: 1 person
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. For the first time since Sunday, I slept a full 8 hours last night. I feel refreshed. Ready for another day of holding the line. Stand strong.

So, in other words you are way behind now and have a lot of catching up to do.

Ironically I've had relationships last longer than John curries job career😂😂😂 keep it going

We've all been on this train for a while now, it was about Gruden specifically, but he is really just a placeholder for the idea of returning to excellence. It became abundantly clear since Sunday that John Currie and his puppet master(s) are opposed to that, and thus getting him out is the goal. How hard is that? Stay on target.

FIRE. BEFORE. HIRE.

So you got nothing.

You know no more than me. But you're gonna keep following.

Okay. You do you.

Alright, the only problem I have with the new beav tweet is shouldn't the good guy donors be screaming this from the mountain top concerning putting one of these two into the AD position? If they are truly waging war, I would presume that this topic would have and should have been covered and conveyed to Davenport and Dipietro already?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back