Official Jon Gruden Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep sounds like bs

It is hard to believe, but, for the love of all that is Holy, make it not so! Please be legit, if he is I'll wire some nice compensatory rewards, like, a good bit! Deerhunter, you looking for some extra Holiday loot? Or, just in the fight for the cause, cus that's a little better deal for me really, get Gruden and spend my own money celebrating!

Reactions: 1 person
I understand stand where you are coming from however there is A LOT of smoke he’s on the wrong team!

I know its a possibility, but, probability states that he is truly, in the truest sense of the word, a VOLUNTEER! I hope it isn't true, Archie might be mad at him for not being a good guy!

One of the radio shows said that without Johnny's 6-2 SEC record the year he won the Heisman, Sumlin would have a losing SEC record.

True, but Sumlin's offense can put points on the board. IF he has a good to great DC, a Sumlin coached team could be really good. Sumlin has a good temperament for a HC. And, the guy can recruit.

Since this is a PRO Gruden thread, anyone wiling just To accept what DeerHunter is selling based on his word? After all, Gruden hasn't turned us down yet?

Gruden to the Hill!

DeerHunter rocks!

I'm starting to doubt I'm gonna believe it when he's actually announced. A lot of us are mentally battered by this chit.

I have the utmost respect for you. But, if DiPietro will veto any hire Currie brings, why doesn't he just fire the S.O.B. and put Fulmer or Blackburn in charge of the hire? What am I missing?

This has been asked a lot. Speculation I think is that the buyout is the holdup. Maybe they are trying to find a way to fire him with cause to avoid it or to see if he steps down.

Just received a text from a mid-level booster friend. He's good buddies with one of Chavis's really good friends. Apparently a Sumlin+Chief package deal is in the works and is as good as done.

Trying to currently get more precise information on the status of the negotiation as well as the rest of the AD's reaction/activity related to it...

Let's look at the timeline:

Last week:
Butch is fired, woo!
tenor.gif

Sunday mid-afternoon:
WHAT?
DymEe.gif

Sunday evening:
VICTORY!
tenor.gif

Monday: