Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone even taken the time to notice, that while the New York stuff was happening, ALOT of people werent active in this thread who otherwise had been. Now that its the next day some are back.

I mean I know Im a nobody that anyone listens to (until They piss me off) but that bears noticing.

Very noticeable...and the fact Atlanta_Vol hasn't been back is reassuring to because he is an honest guy and if he told us he would come back to tell us it isn't gruden,he would have that's just the type of guy he is man.

Reactions: 4 people
My biggest fear about Fulmer taking over the reigns of AD look like they are being realized.

I know he loves Tennessee, but I've always felt like he would struggle hiring someone that could potentially overshadow his legacy. If Pruitt is the hire, I'll feel even more sure of it.

Roll Damn Vols.

You are the 3rd person I have heard say that. Ugh

Reactions: 1 person
Which his legacy as an AD gets cemented as either a success early on or as a failure with this hire.

He has one shot at getting this right.

Thats it. His legacy is now. If he messes this up, no one will care what history did. People dont study history anymore, this is the age of right now, like immediately.

My two co-workers (both bammers) asked me what I was going to do with my life after we hire a coach because I spend “hours” on this thread everyday. Lol. I think they even feel bad for me at this point

Reactions: 3 people
It's people like you that cause others not to post info. I've said many times believe what you want. I have been pro-gruden the whole time. No reason for insults.
not too good in apologizing when he's wrong about something either, of well, it's been a long 2 months !!

I think if anything this sh*tshow has shown that the fans DO have a say so and if we accept this mediocrity and continue to fund it then its what we will get and continue to be.

No other fan base does this. Do you think Tallahassee would not be on fire if they trotted Pruitt out as a head coach? What about UF? You think if Saban said I quit they would be happy with Pruitt? UGA? Hell if Richt doesn't get fired then Pruitt would have.
Yes, we had a say so in not getting a guy involved with child rape hired. But we have no say so in WHO gets hired.

I think if anything this sh*tshow has shown that the fans DO have a say so and if we accept this mediocrity and continue to fund it then its what we will get and continue to be.

No other fan base does this. Do you think Tallahassee would not be on fire if they trotted Pruitt out as a head coach? What about UF? You think if Saban said I quit they would be happy with Pruitt? UGA? Hell if Richt doesn't get fired then Pruitt would have.

Probably a poor example since he coached there during their Natty and many did want him back.

But apparently he went full Joey Freshwater on the local residents, despite being engaged.

But point understood, just funny you chose Tallahassee of all schools.

UTSuave’;14851397 said:
Very noticeable...and the fact Atlanta_Vol hasn't been back is reassuring to because he is an honest guy and if he told us he would come back to tell us it isn't gruden,he would have that's just the type of guy he is man.

He's not coming back until there is a hire..doesn't matter the name IMO

Can you tell us what you've heard?

Same stuff you've heard. Gruden said no. Don't know why, but I get the impression it was on us.

Now we'll likely make the underwhelming hire of a Bama coordinator to fulfill our dreams of competing for SEC Championships.

Dress him up in Orange and trot him out...the sheep will love it. Roll Vols Roll!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back