Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruden,Miles or Sumlin. If you don't get Gruden those 2 got SEC experience and serious recruiting connections. Wildcard there with Sumlin, I don't know if him and Phil mesh well x and o wise. Sumlins defenses were suspect, but he did win some big games too but was inconsistent. I do think Miles would win with a solid staff and he stayed out of the offense mainly. He can recruit and motivate. He would also need somebody beside him with clock management, he isn't good at that. I also leave a little room for a name that has not been mentioned much at all, I just don't know for sure who that could be. Still for now, Gruden to the HILL!!!!! REAL SOON!!!!!:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt following UT athletics, players, recruits on twitter. Plane from Knoxville to NY (for HOF induction for PM), to Birmingham, back to Knoxville. It's over boyos. Pruitt is our next head coach.

Just a new AD with new HC giving a lift to the new DC. JG wants to have his staff at presser.

Reactions: 1 person
So Fulmer flew to Birmingham to meet with Pruitt before returning home, which is not surprising. Fulmer has met with a lot of people. There may be other reasons to think Pruitt is a done deal, but this isn't one of them.

Pruitt has already been interviewed twice, if they meet in person again, it will be to sign paperwork.

Welp

SIAP

@VolsScotchGolf "Well that is beyond disappointing." for those that can't see attachments or twitter or whatever

Edit: has since been deleted, but this attachment is not a photoshop. Wonder if he intended for that to be a DM

Attachments

• vols.PNG
    vols.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
For the record, I agree with you. I'll be pleasantly surprised at this point if it's Gruden. What I don't understand is why you are getting so tied up over others who choose to believe and think it's your place to set them straight. Don't mistake optimism for stupidity. Let them believe.

I've let them believe for so long. Hell, even I was believing for a time (a good bit of it actually). But for them to be sitting here with mountains of evidence saying 'X' or 'Y' could be the new coach, they're going into this deep state of denial where every bit of evidence MUST be some "smokescreen" or "cover up" for what's "really going on"; where they think that Gruden is 100000% the coach and the rest of this is just Fulmer assembling a staff for Gruden (which is lol) or "formalities because Gruden is already HC".

I'm helping them, if anything, because they need to understand and begin dealing with the fact that it ISN'T Gruden. This way, maybe they can save themselves some pain and heartbreak when Gruden isn't the one walking up to the podium.

I'm out. Y'all keep it between the mayonnaise and the mustard, peckers.

xRJR4_s-200x150.gif

From VQ poster Vol_in_Clt

“Yes, today was the deadline. 3 specific people (totally unrelated to this board) would have been notified with a "yes" for different reasons. They have not been notified. Therefore it appears it was a no.“

On a side note my close friend who golfs and is tight with a mid level booster told me this when I asked about gruden. “I’m starting to believe that Hubbs is more in the know than majority of the boosters.”

Was also told that haslam is still very much involved. Said the reports of him being outed or in the back seat was ludicrous. The mid level booster called it a needed hostile take over however, it only allowed a few of the top boosters more say. Other men with names on buildings type. So, still a few people calling the shots.

Lastly for better or for worse he was told that fulmer is going to do what fulmer feels best for this search. He said not Bev, Dipietro or BoT will stand in his way especially after everything that has transpired.

He expects it to be Pruitt. Ironically that’s the feel on VQ as well.

Tucker and Pruitt are selling fulmer the fact that they’ll have a few bama like assistants joining them. Including their top notch recruiting profiles.

*****Disclamier - bringing what I heard and I’m not saying these are absolute truths.

I'm helping them, if anything, because they need to understand and begin dealing with the fact that it ISN'T Gruden. This way, maybe they can save themselves some pain and heartbreak when Gruden isn't the one walking up to the podium.

Look everybody, it's Dr. Phil...

Seriously just stop.

Welp

SIAP

@VolsScotchGolf "Well that is beyond disappointing." for those that can't see attachments or twitter or whatever

Edit: has since been deleted, but this attachment is not a photoshop. Wonder if he intended for that to be a DM

But, but, but...those guys never swing and miss....

Yes he did. He deleted it afterwards. Dude is a troll.

If that isn't proof of being a troll nothing is...

Im going to post this so a few people will see it and then delete it so if it isn't Gruden, I can say that I tried to tell everyone.
And if it is Gruden, I can say someone told me it wasn't Gruden but then I got a call saying it was so I deleted my post...

Reactions: 3 people
Im not doubting Atlanta Vol at all. I am new here and can see he has the respect of so many. I am just curious as to what he has said in the past that came true to gain everyone's trust?

I've let them believe for so long. Hell, even I was believing for a time (a good bit of it actually). But for them to be sitting here with mountains of evidence saying 'X' or 'Y' could be the new coach, they're going into this deep state of denial where every bit of evidence MUST be some "smokescreen" or "cover up" for what's "really going on"; where they think that Gruden is 100000% the coach and the rest of this is just Fulmer assembling a staff for Gruden (which is lol) or "formalities because Gruden is already HC".

Welcome to 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back