Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, everything is pretty much open fodder in this thread. S***, this whole thread is offensive to more than 80% of Volnation that isn't in here. So, who cares really.....

Honestly it's the gruden thread that's why I am here because this place is nuts where anything goes and it's either funny as **** or you get **** back for it and then you have the popsicle stand kids that whine when it gets to hot

I give a lionshare of the credit to Volnation. You will never hear me say otherwise. I am speaking specifically towards that one poster.

Change just for the sake of change is worthless.

Change that leads to better results...? That is worthwhile change.

Remember that when you are doing your next Case Study.

Reactions: 4 people
If this doesn’t scream fraud I don’t know what will with everyone. He led us to the promise land! Thank God for the almighty Beav. Jesus.

I swear to God! Every time I read one of your posts I see this in my mind:
200.webp

Just give it a freaking rest man. Yeah, we know Beaver isn't one of your favorite people. So **** off.

Reactions: 10 people
Lets go entirely speculative since the Tennessee contigent is staying in NYC to interview canidate(s) whom might that be.....

Jeremy Bates, Kacy Rodgers...both assistants on Jets with Tennessee ties?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
For those that really think Beaver/wormburner did us some great justice and became our social media warrior, you don’t really understand how Twitter works. Most of his tweets to start were protected lol. He was only visible to those who followed him! Please stop falling for trolls like this guy, he prays on your hope and BVS.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol! You did so well fixing the problem... on the message board.....maybe you should post more pictures of a bottle of 12 year pappys Before we trot out Pruitt and your gig is officially up for the “whiners”
That still give you some merit becuse of a $100 over priced bottle of hype..

i got run out of these threads more than once for having a fully functional beaver bs meter...i put the ole' mighty beaver on ignore some time back and the place was immediately much more palatable...like a nice scotch

Reactions: 4 people
OK. I have watched this thread for 7 weeks – hours a day (to my shame). And I thought JG would be great for UT Football. Still do.

BUT – If he doesn’t come it will not be Fulmer’s fault, or Beavers, or AV’s, or anyone else. And really, I’m seeing now the reactions that might have made him afraid to come anyway. Just being honest. Some VN posters are nutz! Certifiable unthinking, unreasonable, insanazoids.

And Leach? Really? Do you think he would recruit the south well? Not a chance.

Miles? Really? I’m 60 and like to slack when I can. Miles does not have a name to make. He just wants to ride into retirement on a cash-colored carpet.

Peterson, Patterson? Really? Would you come here at this point when you are almost worshipped where you are?

Insert famous coaches name…Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Let’s trust PF to get the best person he CAN given the last 9 years, and the last few weeks. I personally think it will be a good hire – someone who will want to make their mark on CFB.

And just maybe you-know-who is still behind Curtain #1???

Reactions: 8 people
No offense (to many), but I don't see the cause for all the Beaver hate. The dude is not a magician.

If you don't understand why "these guys don't miss" and "done deal" were both reasonable statements at the time they were made, then I suggest going back to XX-XXIX.

The statements were always made with a view towards optimism and confidence. If you don't have both, you're never going to get a deal done. This is no different than sitting down at a poker table and believing that (1) you can't win and (2) you aren't lucky. If that's the case, just hand your money evenly to the other players at the table and go enjoy the dinner show.

Put that together with what AV said regarding not being able to just throw money at someone. If the guys put a deal together that complied with the terms and requests of the (any) whale, but were ultimately told "no" then there's no blame on the deal makers. You can't do more than make an offer that meets expectations, and hope the other party agrees. What would you expect, kidnapping and coach slavery?

To insinuate that Beaver didn't have a part in all this is ignorant (see, troglodyte). To believe he's a basement dweller is like leaving too many pegs on the triangle game at Cracker Barrel (ignoramus).

Did it play out the way he (we) wanted? Not yet. Does that mean he was fabricating everything? No.

Keep your d*mn vitriol to yourselves. We don't need that mess around here.

Reactions: 22 people
Lets go entirely speculative since the Tennessse contigent is staying in NYC to interview canidate(s) whom might that be.....

Jeremy Bates, Kacy Rodgers...both assistants on Jets with Tennessee ties?

Maybe some coaches gonna be in town for the Heisman ceremony on Saturday? Maybe some are already there?

ER Vol, your text last night and my assumption of who it could be matches up with Trey’s new tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back