Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm shooting for the stars here and I'm just needing to hold on to something, but can anyone LEGITIMATELY confirm that Gruden was never offered? I ask this because, if he wasn't, just go do it now. But if he was and turned us down, can anyone LEGITIMATELY confirm that as well? That way I can sleep semi peacefully tonight, otherwise I'm just tired of all the bad mojo.

What I would give to ask the questions tomorrow morning on the Golic show. He would not leave without the truth.

Reactions: 1 person
When you've got money out the wazoo, you don't let money stop you from getting what you want. A couple of million per yer doesn't mean squat in this deal.

That's not even remotely close to the point. Not letting money stop you doesn't mean you walk on to a Nissan lot and offer to buy an Altima and tell them you have $75,000 you would like to spend.

No way Gundy would leave his alma mater. Currie is an idiot. He should be fired, at least we would get something out of this mess. Gonna suck for the next 5 years with his hire.

Buddy just texted me that UT officials are scheduling discussions with Chad Morris tomorrow....trying to find out where he got this. Wouldn’t surprise me....

If we are gonna go that route can we seriously not offer tee something. I would much rather have him then morris. We deserve better than that.

What I would give to ask the questions tomorrow morning on the Golic show. He would not leave without the truth.

What do any of you think it means when Gruden asks radio/TV hosts not to ask him about the Tennessee job? I think he was in play. Not sure he is now. If he says he won't take the Tennessee job tomorrow, I think thats the end of it. If he doesn't, then there's still hope.

Dewey200-4.gif

Give it up you guys. There is no way Gruden is leaving his gig. Even is he did it wouldn't be for college (doesn't want to recruit) let alone for tennessee. Not getting Petersen either.

Why is Currie still here??? I don’t get it. And no one cares. It’s like this is all okay. It’s never been more apparent to me that Haslam is just fine to let it all burn to prove a point. Then we need to do the same. Not support any coach tomorrow or the next day or the next day. An absolute revolt against leadership until someone does something.

Reactions: 5 people
I find it hysterical that after Sunday, UT believes Currie can close a deal with a guy who has repeatedly given interested parties a resounding no.

They're higher than the International Space Station!

Currie has zero credibility with any other coach or candidate. Sad that that's not seen by TPTB.

True, but Mike Gundy is not who you get into a bidding war over. If you are going to do that, set the sights higher to Petersen or Patterson.

Why was it released that we would be willing to double what he makes a year and than only offer him 7 million?

Last edited:
What do any of you think it means when Gruden asks radio/TV hosts not to ask him about the Tennessee job? I think he was in play. Not sure he is now. If he says he won't take the Tennessee job tomorrow, I think thats the end of it. If he doesn't, then there's still hope.

View attachment 148505

Our asshat AD and the Haslam family aren't even going to make an offer.

You don’t think they will ask him? With all that has gone on and his name being attached to us? It’ll be his moment to make a statement.

Buddy just texted me that UT officials are scheduling discussions with Chad Morris tomorrow....trying to find out where he got this. Wouldn’t surprise me....

I stopped reading as soon as I saw his record...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171128-223137~01.jpg
    Screenshot_20171128-223137~01.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 2 people
I don't think it's about the money with Gruden it's that he will want Saban type control over the football team and all of football operations. Currie and Haslam do not want that.

Exactly why he hasn't been offered anything from UT. I read an article saying the Haslams don't know what it's like to be said "no" to. They can't handle it cause they've never dealt with it. So the Haslams fear Gruden.

I still seriously think Gruden was never offered anything!!!!! That's why his "Rocky top is a great song" and "never say never" comments matter!! He was throwing it out there. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
Fire Currie, hire Blackburn who the hires Gruden. Vol Nation erupts in joyous celebration. World peace ensues. North Korea voluntarily disarm its nukes and allows democratic reform. Muslims call of the ancient jihad against Israel, and global warming quickly reverses itself.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back