Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is painful. It feels like we're back at zero, which is really, really hard to believe.

We will be fine...... but at least some kids out there who had people who "allegedly" knew about abuse and did nothing will see that there are consequences if you enabled with silence... all some day be held accountable in this world or when stepping into eternity..book it

Reactions: 1 person
This place is too depressing to be around..I'm out. I hope we get lucky somehow, but this just feels like a funeral to me. A lot of devastated and angry family tearing each other apart while our dearly beloved lies dead. I love a lot of you guys, but some I would gladly curbstomp if given the chance. Good night folks.

Not trying to be disrespectful here. Maybe I am just not understanding this very well. Why would we put on steam if the contract is already signed and he is going to be our head coach like you have said on multiple occasions.

No disrespect taken.

The extremely short version is that Haslam has put the University into a very bad situation, legally. My personal opinion is that he intended to do so.

I don't know what was presented to Schiano for signature. I've reached out to try to learn what I could, but have not heard back from the source who would be able to provide insight. I mentioned before that my other contact was as blindsided by this as many of us, and was livid about Schiano being even talked about.

Make no mistake: Currie followed orders from Haslam. Depending on the language of what was presented to Schiano, it may or may not create financial obligations to Schiano. But the main concern I would have is that it could create liability to Gruden, for being induced to enter into an agreement in bad faith.

IMO, Schiano was intended as a poison pill, not just for hiring Gruden, but for the whole program. Haslams feel like if they can't be in control, then no one can.

I'm trying to keep this short, but these are my thoughts as of right now. I'm sure someone will be along to call me crazy in a few minutes, but that's ok. :)

Reactions: 10 people
The only way Gruden would still even consider coaching here IMO is if Blackburn or Fulmer were AD. Maybe that’s what happens tomorrow.
Even then it's a stretch. He turned us down in 2012. Looking like we've been turned down again. It's not about the AD or money at this point. Much bigger than that.

Why don’t you get out? You aren’t smart enough to see that this was Haslam special? This was a blatant screw you from that family. Not a bunch of guys and gals sharing info. Nobody intentionally came in here and lied to you. Youre not that important. Hike up your skirt and tuck your tampon string in. Right outside that door is a box of kittens and a coloring book for you, snowflake.

LMAO

Nicely done

Why don’t you get out? You aren’t smart enough to see that this was Haslam special? This was a blatant screw you from that family. Not a bunch of guys and gals sharing info. Nobody intentionally came in here and lied to you. Youre not that important. Hike up your skirt and tuck your tampon string in. Right outside that door is a box of kittens and a coloring book for you, snowflake.

Why are 99% of the insults in here related to being a woman?

Reactions: 2 people
So...

I'm not sure that anyone in his right mind would want to come here to coach, at least until the crap is cleaned out of the BoT and boosters, but:

IF Gruden was never really an option, or IF he was, and all this garbage makes him walk away, whatever happened to the Petersen discussions?

Many of us were OK with him as the alternate if Gruden fell through.

Is he still around? Did he sign a billion-dollar extension?

Again, assuming that a serious house-cleaning is underway.

Well now we know. Currie IS an incompetent little dweeb who has no f'ing clue. Schiano? Man we are screwed. I think Schiano may be a decent coach actually and not the worst choice in the world...but with the stain of the Penn State stuff...and not realizing how outraged this fanbase would be? Not to mention state legislators etc.?

Currie? Now we know...and it's deflating that this idiot is the AD.

Tasty...a bit confused, would love more in-depth perspective on this...on the surface, it's appears fan base is trying to block a future train wreck w Schiavno (spelling).

But others think he would not have been a train wreck and we were lucky to get him, that the whole PSU deposition was just hearsay. Check Herbstreit's twitter...

Not my feelings but those I have seen from people that are not Vols fans are saying.

This^. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything.

Anymore name calling in this thread by either side and people rusj getting a vacation. Things are bad enough without having to deal with folks having a total disregard for the rules.

That includes GTFO and GFY.

Atta-boy Freak! Everyone needs to realize that we're all hurting here and we all want the same thing. Why attack your fellow brothers and sisters?

Shut these threads down its embarrasing!

No, you not recognizing what this thread happens to be is embarrassing.

This is an outlet for our frustrations. This is where information is passed on to get Volnation as a whole riled up to prevent a horrible child molesting enabler like Greg Sciano not hired. Instead of having three dozen different threads whining and crying about it, we put our thoughts here.

Kindly shut up and get out.

Reactions: 5 people
Someone call Kiffin, I'm 100% supportive of this...just hire Fulmer to run the football program and allow Lane to do what he does to opposing teams...which is win!

Reactions: 4 people
Haslam vs all the other boosters. While Haslam is the big donor if all the others revolt and threaten to close the wallet the brakes got pumped.

I can only hope this is the beginning of the end of the Haslam stranglehold in this University.

How inept does he have to be to NOT see that coming?

Or is it a "I'm going to try to do this to appease Haslams, it won't work, and then we can do the right thing" ...?

Guys, this is all part of the plan you gullible sheep were believing from “insiders”. Hiring a guy who knows about children being taped and saying nothing is THE ultimate smokescreen. Go to bed. When you wake up it will be orange and white rainbows and unicorns.

You’re seriously getting enjoyment out of seeing fellow Vol fans miserable. YOU are part of the problem. I can’t fathom why this is enjoyable to you. You have to cheer for the same team we do yet you’re laughing at our failures? Makes so much sense

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back