Official Jon Gruden Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed..I do not understand the Mullen love on here at all...Mullen is a Butch Jones clone..I grew up going to cool games as a kid..and loved game day..it's just not fun anymore..my wife is from Wisconsin and family has been buying me a lot of Bucky badger shirts..haha

I want Gruden to be our coach. I've been monitoring these threads for 5 years and will be terribly disappointed if he isn't announced. But I'll do what I always do. I'll mourn a brief time and then rally around the new coach --- whomever it is.

I'm all Vol people. There's no switching allegiences and rooting for another team. There are too many blood, sweat, and tears over the past 40 years for me to give up now.

So Bucky Badger can suck it.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't think it would be Petersen.

Lots of coaches leave before bowl games but I have never heard of a coach leaving their team the week before they play in their conference championship.

Washington is not in the conference championship game—Stanford plays USC.

I do believe the Apple cup winner is in the championship game (in this case Washington).
giphy.gif

Not sure I believe there will actually be a presser tomorrow of any substance. Could be wrong. If so, Just don't see it being Peterson or Leach with a west coast game going on tonight and conference champ. games next week. Doesn't pass the sniff test. I would love it if it were Peterson though. Also, coaches aren't typically announced when they aren't even present for the presser. They would have to have said coach on a midnight rocket to Knoxville if coaching a game tonight. So think, if they're going to make an announcement tomorrow, it has to be someone that is A) a currently unemployed coach or B) a coach that won't be coaching in a conference champ. game next week. With the exception of one name, that scares the ever lovin ' poop out of me.

Welp if Mullen is in town, a lot of you insiders need to go talk to your "sources".

Yeah, not so much. Mullen is in Starkville. Probably went to bed an hour ago. He'll be there next year. And the next year. He'll keep winning 7-8 games a year and they'll build a statue of him.

I honestly think and have since I heard the info, That Petersen is a smokescreen. But I'm very cautious when I get info from my other contact that Petersen agent was reached out too. That's why I said I was at 75% Gruden. You have to realize I was giving bad info on Gruden being signed and done deal. So with that I have two contacts now, one telling me one thing and one telling me another. One has no clue if Gruden is coming or not, and the other is telling me yes it's Gruden. If I had to trust one over the other then I'm going with one saying Gruden, Just because of how close they are in the know.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't think it would be Petersen.

Lots of coaches leave before bowl games but I have never heard of a coach leaving their team the week before they play in their conference championship.

I thought with their win tonight Stanford was in

I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back