Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Boro and Bcarter. I will say this is along the path you guys said. But silence from AD is very telling....either the biggest rockstar move ever or a bigger dumpster fire than when Kiffin left.

Seems to be exactly the case...not a lot of middle ground.

Remember, Paul Finebaum is a UT grad, but do you trust what he says about UT?

George Lapides is no Paul Finebaum, trust me. Lapides is an old school journalist. Finebaum is a sensationalist whose job is to create a story. Not even comparable.

Leverage. I don't think Gruden would play us... but money is money and business is business.

Also why not keep the options open.

Regardless of those reasons I am still full Gruden.

Gruden doesn't need a resume builder. He won a Super Bowl. If he wanted any open job in the NFL, he could have it at his price. He could tell Philly right now that he wanted the job and Reid would be canned.

Reactions: 1 person
Brent, Clay & Blaine‏@3HL1045

RT @realfreemancbs: Gruden may meet with Vols AD later this week, I'm told. But Gruden's main goal is heading back to pros.

Mike Greenberg's question to Gruden on Mike & Mike this morning was as follows:

Greenie: News Channel 3 has learned that you, Jon Gruden, have a contract offer in hand from the University of Tennessee, and that a decision could be made as early as today. Part of this apparently is that you would get a piece of the Cleveland Browns, who were recently bought by Jim Haslam, who is a huge Tennessee booster, because he played at Tennessee, and he is the father of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam. So, first and foremost, Jon, is this..is there any truth to this whatsoever?

Gruden: "Uh no there isn't." Because:
1. I'm not holding the contract in my hand
2. The final decision is pending a few details that will not be resolved by today
3. I am not getting a piece of the Browns.
4. The Browns were not bought by Jim Haslam
5. The owner of the Browns, Jimmy Haslam, Jr. never played football at Tennessee
6. The owner of the Browns, Jimmy Haslam, Jr. is not the father of Bill Haslam, Tennessee's Governor.

"So, no Greenie, there is no truth to that whatsoever."

Reactions: 3 people
I told you last night. Well the other day. And that was UT arrangement to get this done and give full access.

And this is why I know you are a troll. I don't think don't think a real "reporter" or "insider" would have to do "I told you so" follow ups to their posts. Also, I wouldn't call anything we have heard full access either.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Jay , was the supposibly denial from gruden expected ?

I have not heard that. However, it has been said many times that we are operating on Gruden's schedule. Denials happen all the time with coaches. Until UT comes out and gives an emphatic "We are not pursuing Jon Gruden", just relax and roll with it. There has been much said that Gruden is due one more check from the Glaziers. He was pretty ticked when he was let go by them. There's no way that he's going to miss out on bleeding every cent possible from the incident. I would do the same. While understandably unsettling, the Mike & Mike interview can't be viewed as an emphatic repudiation of this deal. Think about it. He's doing a phone interview. He is still owed a large check dependent on not having a coaching job. He gave pretty much the only answer he could. He's not going confirm anything during a phone interview. He can't say 'no comment' or he fuels the fire more. By all accounts, he loves UT and many people associated with the university. He would quietly tell those involved in the search that he is not interested. It was a no-win situation for him. It sounded like he was genuinely perturbed at the question.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes but he hasn't been saying anything that hasn't been said here since October either, and he's acting like he made some grand prediction.

He wrote something about it a few weeks ago, and spent a whole week back in October writing about it. Clay is a pain, but he has been on this more than anyone in the media up until this point.

Thanks Boro and Bcarter. I will say this is along the path you guys said. But silence from AD is very telling....either the biggest rockstar move ever or a bigger dumpster fire than when Kiffin left.

Devil's Advocate might say the silence plays into a possible Jimbo Fisher. If they deny Gruden, then they have to start answering the question: Then Who?

I'm waiting for the rock star, but keeping my eye on that damn dumpster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back