Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negagruds must feel like the grinch at the end of the movie. Thought our spirit would be broken after Mike and Mike. We are just in here singing our song like some true Grudenites.

Gruden

So this Gruden stuff doesn't stop until we hire a new coach. I'd love to have Gruden but it aint happening. I know that could just be "Saban Speak" but I'm excited to just move on from the whole Gruden stuff.

Then get out of the Gruden thread. Just that easy. You people say you want to move on but you keep posting in here. CAn you not go without us?

Reactions: 2 people
Others can certainly think the UT job is coveted by many, but they would be wrong. If it is a top 10 job that is coveted by so many, how on earth did we end up with Derek Freaking Dooley? If you can answer that question I'll be impressed.

I assume you are an Arkansas fan based on your location. No way you are a Tennessee fan...you are too combative against UT. And we could have had KEVIN FREAKING SUMLIM...Hamilton fumbled the snap on that....

It was the first question of the interview and the question was framed in a jovial/not-really-a-serious-question manner. The interesting part is that M&M were wanting to joke about the politics of those involved and JG clearly wanted nothing to do with that.

That's the part that got me the most. They were all laughing and carrying on and not even a snicker from Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person
He probably signed the MOU/ Contract right after he got off the air with M&M. That way he wouldn't have to lie about it. Just sayin'.

The additionally odd thing is that Mike Greenberg didn't push at all.

Greenie is a fairly legit journalist. He's a Northwestern grad and has worked in the Chicago market as a reporter. I have heard him ask far more difficult questions.

The OBVIOUS question that any journalist would have followed with is "are you in discussions of any form with the University of Tennessee to become the next head coach?" I listen to that show just about everyday and Greenberg has pressed others in the past. There was an open door on national radio for all of the rumors to be squashed, and no attempt was taken. That is odd, IMO.

Others can certainly think the UT job is coveted by many, but they would be wrong. If it is a top 10 job that is coveted by so many, how on earth did we end up with Derek Freaking Dooley? If you can answer that question I'll be impressed.

2 weeks before signing day. JMO

If any rational person looks at this they would laugh. Offering a college coach part ownership in an NFL is crazy.

Oh noes...........everyone panic

kid_freak_out.gif

297413_o.gif

The timing of Lane Kiffin leaving when he did mixed with decision making ability of Mike Hamilton.

Because the only people whipped up into a mad furor over Gruden represent a small part of the fanbase and are mostly contained on this and a handful of other boards.

Not many people realistically expect Gruden to be our coach, whether you believe it or not.

While home for Thanksgiving, all my friends and family are Vol fans and none of them are on a message board, but they all brought up Gruden and the let down there will be if he's not hired. Even the casual Vol fan knows UT is at a crossroads and this hire must be huge. Just my experience but the Gruden hype is not limited to a few boards. It's everywhere in our fanbase.

I dont believe that he was given ownership of the Browns..........at this point. I do believe that there is an arrangement for him to have it once he is done coaching. JMO

It cannot be in his contract so a handshake maybe. Where my mind finds the problem is Haslam and Gruden being sure that after a 7-10 year career will Haslam still own the Browns? Will Gruden leave at that point to coach an NFL team, couldn't have it then?

I think the Browns rumor is just that. Definitely nothing more than a possible conversation.

Again, you are only stating an opinion. Answering the Dooley question will do me no good, as you will shoot down anything I say to further support your own opinion. But, hey, thanks for not calling me chief or wizard or smart guy or some other smart aleck condescending name.

Boro, if you step back and take a look at it from those of us with no inside information, you can understand why. All we get are repeated negative reports--except you and the other OGs on here. It gets tough to keep the faith.

I understand...I do. The 15 minute mood swings are what are fun to watch. Groupthink rules here. One negative, or positive, comment can swing the mood of the entire board. I didnt realize it until I stepped back to just watch.

On the other hand, the timeline has played out exactly as several have suggested since mid-October.

It's all good. Gruden 2012.

It is amazing how everyone in the local media has been denying the Grumors and now all of sudden everyone is on the train saying Hart is meeting with him this afternoon. We are getting close...Gruden Soon...

Reactions: 3 people
The additionally odd thing is that Mike Greenberg didn't push at all.

Greenie is a fairly legit journalist. He's a Northwestern grad and has worked in the Chicago market as a reporter. I have heard him ask far more difficult questions.

The OBVIOUS question that any journalist would have followed with is "are you in discussions of any form with the University of Tennessee to become the next head coach?" I listen to that show just about everyday and Greenberg has pressed others in the past. There was an open door on national radio for all of the rumors to be squashed, and no attempt was taken. That is odd, IMO.
Greeny has admitted that he is scared of the Grude...seriously scared.

It cannot be in his contract so a handshake maybe. Where my mind finds the problem is Haslam and Gruden being sure that after a 7-10 year career will Haslam still own the Browns? Will Gruden leave at that point to coach an NFL team, couldn't have it then?

I think the Browns rumor is just that. Definitely nothing more than a possible conversation.

You could have in the contract that he can be paid cash or stock that both parties agree to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back