Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
What years was he Head Coach?
Behr, good to see you

I thought you might of got the ban hammer till someone said they'd seen you in another thread.

Yeah, big difference between Cut and Pruitt's path to UT. Pruitt may improve us and I hope he does however having a dyed in the wool bammer coming in to "try to save" us sticks in my craw.

There's is so much wrong with the way things played out but I think the biggest overall disappointment in this is my image of PM has taken a huge hit. I'm still withholding final judgment till more smoke clears but it doesn't look good and got dayum I hate it, hate it.

Reactions: 1 person
I am here to face the music.We all wanted and worked hard for Gruden but didn’t get it done. If you need to yell or insult me then get it out now. As I said, I will still honor the golf and party next year.

Hell, this was really always less about Gruden than the cluster **** that is our administration and Diamond Boosters.

If there is one last question from this entire debacle and fiasco it is this. Did any of it matter? Because it sure seems like - in the end - not much changed and Haslam wasn't really isolated as he should be.

Lol. Let me help you out troll. Y’all trying to act like “oh I won’t support the program”. Our best offensive coach ever and man who developed Peyton who Peyton adores and credits to this day is a Bama grad but that doesn’t fit the narrative since he was successful and the backbone for Fulmers successful teams.

It’s simple. You, DTO, Boro are all the same as in 2012. Made up insiders with no sources trolling.

You have me confused with someone else.

What years was Cut Head Coach?

Kirby Smart was the DC for bama for their post season game(s) after being named HC at GA a couple of years ago. Worked out overall. Hoping for the same here with our new coach.

If Pruitt is successful he will be at Bama after 2018 season. Bank on it.
If that is the case, at least we would be back into the win column at that point. I just don't see it.

I think he is going to be a flop as a HC. He may go back to Bama as a coordinator after flopping as an HC here.

Talk about a loss.....this hire has me feeling the way I did after the Dooley hire.

I sucked it up then and got behind him. Pumped positivity, dusted my britches off and got on board good shower behavior.

Just not sure I can put reason behind me yet again.

I hope there is a lot of booster money being withheld and a lot of season tickets being cancelled. I'll do my part.

To me it's like this. Three different children bring home their report cards. All three made all C's. One child's parents say nothing and continue on as always. One child's parents say "at least you tried (even though they really didn't) and I hope you do better next time." The last child's parents say "you know that's not good enough, no allowance until your next report card and only then if you get mostly A's."

They all love their kids. One kid has a brighter future because his parents understand the concept of short term pain and sacrifice for long term gain.

Keep loving the kid but withhold their allowance and let them clearly know C's are not good enough and will not be tolerated.

Dark days for TN. Sad day for Vol fans.

Reactions: 3 people
I am here to face the music.We all wanted and worked hard for Gruden but didn’t get it done. If you need to yell or insult me then get it out now. As I said, I will still honor the golf and party next year.

No worries, beaver. I guess I’ll have to save my Phelps cab for another occasion.

Gruden is dead. No place at UT or being able to talk about UT.

However, the hate and feelings towards people who wanted something great for UT is just appalling.

You didn't want Gruden, fine. You think it was a pipe dream, fine. You wanted Gruden, fine. These are all individual opinions.

What isn't fine is the fanbase that enjoys ridiculing and making fun of those who wished for something better. It goes against everything a Vol should be.

So, maybe instead of hoping "these fans" disappear and getting enjoyment out of the idea that Gruden was, or is, or a never was going to happen, take some pride in being a vol and offer up a "it was a dream that didn't happen", rather than taking the people who had a dream about UT being great and demonizing them for having this belief.

I await what will happen, and will make judgement in a few years as to how this hire goes and hope it works out and we win and win a lot. Do you chastise me for this belief, if not, then don't lay it on the people who were on the Gruden train. Just one guy's opinion.

Reactions: 11 people
:good!:.

Attachments

• 667B5759-205C-4C48-8B11-6BD5DCD24A98.jpeg
    667B5759-205C-4C48-8B11-6BD5DCD24A98.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
  • C1D6BB57-FD41-4DEB-94C1-002C8ED1A54D.jpg
    C1D6BB57-FD41-4DEB-94C1-002C8ED1A54D.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Kirby Smart was the DC for bama for their post season game(s) after being named HC at GA a couple of years ago. Worked out overall. Hoping for the same here with our new coach.

Smart was a GA boy and former player. He was the coach the fans wanted. That makes all the difference. We got a bama boy that a large % of the fans don't want. Fulmer failed miserably.

Reactions: 6 people

What was Georgia’s record the precious year? Previous 4 years?

Hell, this was really always less about Gruden than the cluster **** that is our administration and Diamond Boosters.

If there is one last question from this entire debacle and fiasco it is this. Did any of it matter? Because it sure seems like - in the end - not much changed and Haslam wasn't really isolated as he should be.

They would have never been able to pull off the admin/booster coup without our infatuation with JG.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope there is a lot of booster money being withheld and a lot of season tickets being cancelled. I'll do my part.

To me it's like this. Three different children bring home their report cards. All three made all C's. One child's parents say nothing and continue on as always. One child's parents say "at least you tried (even though they really didn't) and I hope you do better next time." The last child's parents say "you know that's not good enough, no allowance until your next report card and only then if you get mostly A's."

They all love their kids. One kid has a brighter future because his parents understand the concept of short term pain and sacrifice for long term gain.

Keep loving the kid but withhold their allowance and let them clearly know C's are not good enough and will not be tolerated.

Dark days for TN. Sad day for Vol fans.

Speak for yourself. Considering where we were when we almost hired Schiano, Doeren, and Steele, we came out WAY on top with Pruitt.

Reactions: 2 people
Little nagging question re Pruitt: will he be able to genuinely sing the words, "I don't give a dam about the whole state of Alabam, the whole state of Alabam"?
Perhaps one of our fine members of the media will request that he sing it in his first presser?

Last edited:
They would have never been able to pull off the admin/booster coup without our infatuation with JG.

I get that, but nothing really changed. Fulmer, Haslam and Peyton still made this decision. The only difference was Currie wasn't involved.

So, I'm asking what was actually accomplished? It's like the coup was couped itself.

Reactions: 2 people
Little nagging question re Pruitt: will he be able to genuinely sing the words, "I don't give a dam about the whole state of Alabam, the whole state of Alabam"?

Well, it probably won't matter, because you actually have to beat them before we sing it.

giphy.gif

It’s been really fun.

Hope to see you in Neyland I

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back