Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not we gotta get behind him and see what he can do. I really feel we will be much better off than we were the last two hires. This is a very important hire and time in UT football. this one don't work out and it will be hard to get an elite coach to ever come here. JMO

giphy.gif

It’s been really fun.

Reactions: 6 people
Can't help but feel a bit underwhelmed this morning. I did enjoy drinking with all of you on a nightly basis. Hopefully this was the right move all along and we'll come out of this on top.

I am here to face the music.We all wanted and worked hard for Gruden but didn’t get it done. If you need to yell or insult me then get it out now. As I said, I will still honor the golf and party next year.

No hate here thanks for bringing what you did. Gruden is a little Bit** who is afraid to coach football. This one is on him for not saying he did not want the job, and put it to bed a long time ago. I for one am done with the thought of Gruden as a head coach here ever. He is not exactly a spring chicken in coaching years. He will go down as a MNF legend not as a coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I am here to face the music.We all wanted and worked hard for Gruden but didn’t get it done. If you need to yell or insult me then get it out now. As I said, I will still honor the golf and party next year.

Mulling it over...

I am pissed off about being manipulated by you, even for a good cause. Did you and your friends (boosters, whomever) ever consider coming here and saying, Look guys, the reason UT football sucks is because of the death grip that Haslam has on the AD, and we want to overthrow it, and we want your help? Pretty effing condescending that you guys felt you had to fabricate and outright lie to get the fans on board. We are Volunteers. That name is not accidental. The ends do NOT justify the means.

I am grateful though that this stuff got stirred up. It would be lovely to think that one good, hard spring cleaning would do the trick, but obviously, this will be ongoing. Keep up the pressure everyone! Occupy the Hill!

I'm convinced that Gruden was for real (from the UT side), despite the HoH machinations, and that for whatever reason, he couldn't get beyond his cold feet. (As I posted yesterday, I was definitely nervous about setting the bar for UT HC hires at Grudenesque prices for the future; at least we've dodged that bullet.) I would really like to see at least some public acknowledgement - beyond what's in these threads - of what happened. I know we won't get all the picture, but something. The neener-neener people will never go away, but this information should be out there and acknowledged, no matter how grudgingly.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

I do not like you, but I'll give you credit and respect where it's due in that you were willing to come back here and at least show your face and own up to everything. It doesn't change the fact that you're a small-time troll, but I've still gotta respect it

Odds are Pruitt will only be here 5 yrs. Either he is bad enough to be fired or good enough to run back to Bama when daddy Saban leaves. Since we got him we can only hope its the later of the 2

Reactions: 1 person
If it is not Gruden...then the other good options are limited. Of that limited pool, some are better than others. Pruitt falls into the "better than others" category. Pruitt would not have been my first choice, but no one can deny his pedigree. He is a winner. He knows defenses​. He will have ties to recruits in AL, FL, GA, TN, as well as other states. This hire puts us headed in the right direction. Those that do not like it, I understand your skepticism. We, as a fan base have suffered long enough. But I am behind Pruitt as our next coach, if he is the hire. Living in Alabama, I hear from and talk to folks. The roll tiders fan base here in AL like him. He will be that "wake up notice" served to other teams, believe it or not. So, if this is our coach, the man more than deserves our support until he proves otherwise. Just my two cents.

Make no mistake this guy is a Bama guy thru and thru. We are merely a stepping stone and paycheck. He does not love Tennessee and my bet is he will not be humbled or find it an honor and privilege to lead our valued traditions like:

Reciting General Neyland’s Maxims
Leading the Team on the Vol Walk
Running Thru the T
Singing Rockytop
Touching the "I will give my all for Tennessee today" sign

This is a guy that bleeds crimson thru and thru. I do not like this hire.

Fulmer led us to believe that he was going to get a gut that loved UT. This isn't the guy.

Reactions: 3 people
What years was he Head Coach?

Lol. Let me help you out troll. Y’all trying to act like “oh I won’t support the program”. Our best offensive coach ever and man who developed Peyton who Peyton adores and credits to this day is a Bama grad but that doesn’t fit the narrative since he was successful and the backbone for Fulmers successful teams.

It’s simple. You, DTO, Boro are all the same as in 2012. Made up insiders with no sources trolling.

If it is not Gruden...then the other good options are limited. Of that limited pool, some are better than others. Pruitt falls into the "better than others" category. Pruitt would not have been my first choice, but no one can deny his pedigree. He is a winner. He knows defenses​. He will have ties to recruits in AL, FL, GA, TN, as well as other states. This hire puts us headed in the right direction. Those that do not like it, I understand your skepticism. We, as a fan base have suffered long enough. But I am behind Pruitt as our next coach, if he is the hire. Living in Alabama, I hear from and talk to folks. The roll tiders fan base here in AL like him. He will be that "wake up notice" served to other teams, believe it or not. So, if this is our coach, the man more than deserves our support until he proves otherwise. Just my two cents.

I think he can do well here. He's a true football coach, unlike that fraud we just got rid of.

I just hope the University gives him a good coaching staff, especially at OL and OC.

Odds are Pruitt will only be here 5 yrs. Either he is bad enough to be fired or good enough to run back to Bama when daddy Saban leaves. Since we got him we can only hope its the later of the 2

If hes good enough to take over for saban in 3 years, we got the right coach.

Last time I'm posting in this thread then heading over to Neyland I.

I slept on it and...

Gruden can still you know what.

Giving Pruitt a chance. Let's go, boys!

GBO!!!

Last edited:
How does Pruitt show up dressed at a recruits home? Maybe orange pants, crimson shirt and white power T cap. and says well I do coach at both places

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back