Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this place started rocking again....

I was talking to my guys at work today and told them that I am sure the list of coaches that has been leaked are interviewing for OC and DC positions. There is no way that Tee would risk his reputation and move his wife back here to hitch his wagon to an unproven first time head coach.

It may be that I just can't stand the thought of a BAMMER coach but I think that Gruden is option #1 and coach Miles may still be standing in the shadows as the fall back. They are extending the search to coordinators as they try to work out the details with CJG. The longer this goes the more I believe this may be the case. If they wanted one of the DCzzs we would have announced by now.

I think the past couple of weeks are finally getting to me. I have finally broken down and started week night drinking. Broke out a couple of quarts of homemade spiced rum.

View attachment 150355

I am not sure if it is to console myself or celebrate….

Hang in there folks.... GRUDEN TO THE HILL!!

CH_V

I'm with you sir. No bammer should ever be our head coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt is a huge win. Sad to see several of you feel like he isn’t. We almost were stuck with Schiano and Doeren, but Fulmer came through and got us the best DC in the country and one of the best recruiters. I can’t wait to see what his staff will be. Praying Tee is a part of it!!!

He’s not per reports. Congrats on yet more mediocracy. Hope you enjoy it. I’m still holding out for Gruden to come through. If it’s Pruitt, I’m out

Reactions: 2 people
Here. Looks like the counter wasn't good I suppose. Could be a good hire with right coordinators. As many are reporting it could be done with Gruden.

there was no counter ffs. You have been playing this "insider" role for far too long. I just can't believe people even remotely believed you :rofl:

Reactions: 18 people
Feels like some kicked my dog and told me I was ugly. Disappointed is an understatement!

Maybe we should stop doggin' on Hyams...?

how-about-no-quote-1.jpg

Woah so counter was denied but I thought y'all said gruden countered so we denied his counter??? 🤔
Exactly, no way we can't adjust to a counter from Jon F'n Gruden then immediately hire a diehard tidebro. No way.
soon friends......soon.

Reactions: 3 people
Pruitt is a huge win. Sad to see several of you feel like he isn’t. We almost were stuck with Schiano and Doeren, but Fulmer came through and got us the best DC in the country and one of the best recruiters. I can’t wait to see what his staff will be. Praying Tee is a part of it!!!

5Xqr8ey.jpg

Behr, I expect answers from you big boi. Or a least a fine ass chili recipe.

Not to be a buzz kill, but to those saying “they haven’t said what position”, it’s for the head coaching job. Tennessee is hiring a head coach. Maybe it’s for volleyball, but it is for the head coaching job. Barring some miracle, I would say Gruden is out.

At this down point in our storied program, how do you hire an all out Alabama guy? Born there, played there, coached there for most of his career. On top of Miss St passing on him.......

Well this place started rocking again....

I was talking to my guys at work today and told them that I am sure the list of coaches that has been leaked are interviewing for OC and DC positions. There is no way that Tee would risk his reputation and move his wife back here to hitch his wagon to an unproven first time head coach.

It may be that I just can't stand the thought of a BAMMER coach but I think that Gruden is option #1 and coach Miles may still be standing in the shadows as the fall back. They are extending the search to coordinators as they try to work out the details with CJG. The longer this goes the more I believe this may be the case. If they wanted one of the DCs we would have announced by now.

I think the past couple of weeks are finally getting to me. I have finally broken down and started week night drinking. Broke out a couple of quarts of homemade spiced rum.

View attachment 150355

I am not sure if it is to console myself or celebrate….

Hang in there folks.... GRUDEN TO THE HILL!!

EDIT... Well it looks like consoling myself it is... lol

CH_V

Gees I hope you’re right it’s a sick azz feeling if not

If from what I read is accurate and Peyton was truly “blown away” by Pruitt, then maybe there’s something there we can’t see at the moment. Let’s be honest, he knows virtually every coach, he’s one of the best minds of football. If he was “blown away” then there’s something there.

Peyton signed off on Schiano as well.

Reactions: 5 people
Roll Vols Roll.

Makes me sick. Didn't have to be Gruden, but damn sure shouldn't have been a Gump.

Reactions: 21 people
Well folks, I have to turn off my phone for the evening before I permanently ruin relationships with all the people texting me, “I told you so.” Including my own mother.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back