Official Jon Gruden Thread 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused why so many people think this is titled “official pro Jon Gruden thread”.

I’m pro-Grude all day, err day, but it’s only fair that naysayers diversify the board and give us some realistic insight.

On second thought, f*** that. GTFO.

I have no problem with people coming here questioning the chances of hiring Gruden or even doubting his abilities. What aggravates me is when they come in here lobbying for another coach when there is a perfectly good thread elsewhere and available for them to discuss their man. I just don't understand their mentality. I don't feel the need to run over and hang out in the Mullen thread screaming Gruden!

Reactions: 4 people
<walks in room, steps over people passed out, old pizza boxes, empty cans, busted furniture and crap all over the walls>

What happened in here last night??? Good lord the carnage is everywhere. I wish these pearl clutchers would leave. Good morning all.

Reactions: 4 people
One, it's not true. Most of the nation (real people, not media types) barely know that Tennessee's looking for a coach. They see and hear none of this.

Two, you're far too concerned about what others think of you. Forget seeing through their eyes, and you'll be able to see more clearly through your own.

We're doing fine, just in the quiet period. The announcement will come, in the proper time.

This.
Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Done deal.

Reactions: 5 people
<walks in room, steps over people passed out, old pizza boxes, empty cans, busted furniture and crap all over the walls>

what happened in here last night??? Good lord the carnage is everywhere. I wish these pearl clutchers would leave. Good morning all.

&#128514;&#128514;

Why does all the people that actually do reporting for a living say Gruden is a bad idea, or he is not coming. But fans seem to think Gruden is the next saban.

Gruden was barely over .500 as a NFL coach. I don't get the attraction.

head coaching record 100-85

Thanks for the tip. We could have used you in the previous 35 threads.

Reactions: 6 people
Question: could it be that the parties(UT & Gruden)involved have agreed, but with Gruden and all his endorsements, an official announcement can’t be made until the NCAA approves of compliance within the contract, thereby delaying said announcement?

This is the sort of post I've enjoyed reading during the Gruden sleight of hand game that has been taking place for weeks. How many straw men like this have already been set up weeks ago, "lawyers" certifying their authenticity and agreeing yes, this is exactly what has taken place, and rubes take another swallow of the swill produced??? Folks, per your Pied Pipers weeks ago MOUs signed, even contracts have said to have been signed, so which is it? Do you buy what your Pied Pipers piped or are you one of the ones setting up straw men and rationalizing why they apply to this very day? Soon? Rather LOON.

Coasty I think you'll probably hear a NO from someone in Gruden's camp, but I'm not counting him out until Currie marches someone else to the podium. Buying time. Picked this up off the board but makes sense to me. We'll hear something either way from Currie after Vandy.

I was able to talk to my source face to face again yesterday , he gets most of his information direct from Condridge .... He told me his 50/50 was from the things he has heard from some other boosters and this is what he personally believes but has no real inside information...

He threw out another couple of names but said he was unsure He said he not been able to get anything from CH this time.

This all seemed to match what we have been told in here.. I trust this guy completely so I am going to ride with him at 50% until either he says we are out or Currie presents someone at the podium...

Gruden to the Hill!

Reactions: 2 people
I keep going back and watching that fat cat save the little orange and white clown fish. I'm mesmerized by the simplicity and specificity of it. I think it says everything...if only people would listen.

And good morning, friends!

Was discussing this with Hawk last night. It was the most literal possible metaphor, and in a gif. Almost as if the gif was custom made!

Grude morning homie, Grude morning everyone! :)

Reactions: 3 people
Why does all the people that actually do reporting for a living say Gruden is a bad idea, or he is not coming. But fans seem to think Gruden is the next saban.

Nick Saban NFL record 15-17.

Pro football is a little different. He took over a crap team in the Raiders and resurrected them. In Tampa, he took over a loaded team, but one that had a limited shelf life because of the salary constraints. Also, he took over a team that gave up 2 first round AND 2 second round picks to get him. That being said, he won his division 3 of 7 years he was there.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree. This is a sports-crazed nation and the rumors are mentioned on national sports shows. I’m in Dayton, OH, and a lot of people around here know about the Gruden craze.

Lee, you are your own little echo chamber.

I don't mean that in a bad sense, so am I and everyone else who interacts with people. We bring our interests with us, and those around us get connected to our interests to a degree, just as we become connected to theirs.

I know a whole lot more about equestrian sports, and stained glass crafting, and pokemon go, and a ton of other subjects than I care to, because of those around me. And that's just my immediate family.

What I'm getting at: the people you work with know a bit about Tennessee's coaching search because of you.

Try this experiment: walk out into the street outside your office (or go downtown if your office is not near a pedestrian area). Pick 10 random strangers in a row, and ask them to tell you what they know about the University of Tennessee's coaching search. Right there in Ohio.

My money says 7 of the 10 will give you a blank stare...will have no idea what you're talking about. Two others will say, "yeah, I saw you guys fired your coach; sorry, don't know anything more than that." And there is a chance (not certain, but a chance) that one person will be able to have a real conversation with you about it.

Try it; you'll see. Sports is HUGE to us, but we are a fanatical minority, to follow it this closely. 95% of Tennessee Volunteer fans don't do forums or twitter rumors or even watch SEC-N except on game day.

Let's apply logic and optics:
1. Exclude all inside sources and tweets brought to the board
2. Confirmed meeting in Tampa
3. JG knows he is a candidate yet discusses Rocky Top
4. Butch Jones image coming down off score board on a Thursday night...hmmm.
5. JG already scheduled to be on upcoming MNF.
6. JG being added to ring of honor insuring upcoming game.
7. Media is exploding calling for a confirm/deny, but still silence.

We have our guy but they are feeling the pressure to move the timeline up. But could be other contractual issues as play. Soon!

Reactions: 1 person

What happened in here last night??? Good lord the carnage is everywhere. I wish these pearl clutchers would leave. Good morning all.

I haven’t heard that term in a long time. You must be older like me.

It would be a horrible idea to comment on the state of the program during contact negotiations, if this is the case, sure fire way to create mistrust and pressure in an already difficult situation.

Unfortunately we just have to ride it out.

This. At this point in the search/negotiations you don't make a statement just to satisfy an unruly fanbase..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back