Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plane-tracking, smokescreens, and mis-direction....oh my!

Feels like 2012 all over again.

I'll believe Gruden to the Hill when I see it (and I really hope I see it.....REALLY!).

Realistically, I am preparing myself for David Fo'real from NC State, DJ Dunkin' Donuts from Maryland, Michael Noway from Memphis, and their little cousins from some directional school. Bcarter took the wind right out of my sails last night.

At least I'd have an "in" if DJ Dunkin Donuts was hired. I was a football manager at MTSU for my first couple of college years. I used to hang out with Walt Bell, Maryland's OC. Also used to have lunch once or twice a week with future country artist Sam Hunt, who has a back up QB at the time (and the most talented QB on the roster by far). I haven't spoken to either one in a good while however.

Reactions: 1 person
So now we're in the Quiet Time.

Supposedly, the negotiations, agreements, and contract work are all done. Papers are filed. Moving companies contracted in a dozen different towns. Current bosses are being quietly notified, and affairs put in order. The date of The Announcement has been set (though we are not privy to that detail); media will be informed and invited about 24-48 hours out.

And so we wait.

There is still room for information to filter down to us, like names of coordinators and assistant coaches. But perhaps the lid is on tight enough that we won't even hear much of that in advance.

We will almost certainly see light bulbs coming on over the heads of various national and local media types as they finally discover what we already know. A few will eat the crow dinner they richly deserve; but most will spread the revelation out over time, will try to make their u-turn slowly enough that they can pretend they were pointing in the right direction all along.

At this point, it's all about the right timing.

How's that defined? You and I don't know, though Currie and his team do. Some things we can be pretty sure of: it is not dependent on the final two games--the timing is not going to change with a win here or a loss there. And (much as many of us would enjoy this) nor is it contingent upon a Florida announcement. Our news is so big, it is going to upstage anything Florida has, no matter what order or how much time passes between the two press conferences. Currie is not concerning himself with Florida.

So we wait.

Should be fun.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 23 people
JAV said this 11 hrs ago:

I believe that we will get news one way or the other from JG within the next 12-18 hours. Alot of people feel really good about it, some do not. It is time for clarity with him.

agree with this, if things are as far along as we've been told.

He has to realize if that happens, his son will literally have to withdraw from UT. The haters will make him fear for his life. Sad, but true.

That’s extreme but sadly there are stupid people out there indeed. Seriously. I’d be content with him coming here with him saying he only plans to do it 5 years. In that time span I fully Believe wed of at least won an SEC championship under him and be in elite shape for the guy after him. He would become a LEGEND. MNF is going down the toilet, Gruden it makes too much sense. Come on down.

Gruden spotted going to Cade Mays house!

200.gif

:eek:lol: awesome.

Reactions: 2 people
Why I'm more confident than ever that we landed the white whale. First and foremost I trust AtlantaVol more than anyone. A troll would not come on here and give away a ton of tickets.

From there. I was about 50/50 on trusting Beaver and Bubba until Atlanta vouched for them.

The next person I trust is Tuesday. I mean who would post pictures of themselves, and then turn around and troll? Lol... I think that he truly does know Tee. He was talking about him a lot and somehow word got around and the next thing we know there are certain media members saying that they have spoken with Tee and he shut them down on the "rumors". I don't think Tee wanted that info to get out and Tuesday, not meaning any harm, got it out there.

Reactions: 2 people
Plane-tracking, smokescreens, and mis-direction....oh my!

Feels like 2012 all over again.

I'll believe Gruden to the Hill when I see it (and I really hope I see it.....REALLY!).

Realistically, I am preparing myself for David Fo'real from NC State, DJ Dunkin' Donuts from Maryland, Michael Noway from Memphis, and their little cousins from some directional school. Bcarter took the wind right out of my sails last night.

I'm curious why people think bcarter is connected. He is not.

Reactions: 9 people
So now we're in the Quiet Time.

Supposedly, the negotiations, agreements, and contract work are all done. Papers are filed. Moving companies contracted in a dozen different towns. Current bosses are being quietly notified, and affairs put in order. The date of The Announcement has been set (though we are not privy to that detail); media will be informed and invited about 24-48 hours out.

And so we wait.

There is still room for information to filter down to us, like names of coordinators and assistant coaches. But perhaps the lid is on tight enough that we won't even hear much of that in advance.

We will almost certainly see light bulbs coming on over the heads of various national and local media types as they finally discover what we already know. A few will eat the crow dinner they richly deserve; but most will spread the revelation out over time, will try to make their u-turn slowly enough that they can pretend they were pointing in the right direction all along.

At this point, it's all about the right timing.

How's that defined? You and I don't know, though Currie and his team do. Some things we can be pretty sure of: it is not dependent on the final two games--the timing is not going to change with a win here or a loss there. And (much as many of us would enjoy this) nor is it contingent upon a Florida announcement. Our news is so big, it is going to upstage anything Florida has, no matter what order or how much time passes between the two press conferences. Currie is not concerning himself with Florida.

So we wait.

Should be fun.

Go Vols!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back