Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you folks considered maybe he was travelling for personal reasons, not UT business and therefore took a commercial flight?

No. You cancel your personal business stuff when you just began a UT football coach hire. He already said this will be his sole job during this time.

na probably looks like this

super-computer-nerd.jpg

Cool glasses.
Was expecting a better haircut, maybe an Afro.

I have seen posters throw out the I know one of the “BOT” comment but never a name. Well, I’m breaking that trend. A family member of mine has a mentor that is a BOT...that man is no other than John Foy. He was mentored by Mr. Foy when he was high up at CBL (they own and operate large malls across the US). I believe his duty on the board is mostly on the academic side but he obviously is in the know on these type of decisions. He told my family friend that he said we have Jon Gruden. He would be bewildered if it didn’t happen. He said due to his position on the board he couldn’t give out too many details but that it should be before the last game of the year that it’s announced.

You’re living up to your name my friend. Well done.

Reactions: 6 people
Not enough duct tape to stop the leaks that are happening and/or will happen between now and whenever an announcement will happen. Damn will break soon.

Reactions: 3 people
I remember in 2008 it was reported that Hamilton drove to Atlanta to fly commercial and interview someone (maybe Kiffin). He did that because the internet hoard figured out how to track private planes and fans were figuring out what was going on.

9 years later and we got facial recognition software trying to figure out is it Currie doing something similar.

We are some true fanatics for sure.

Yet people try and say this is not a elite job anymore.... Tennessee: It just means more

It's funny the Nega Grudes come on this thread just to say he's not coming. Well ask any of them WHY?. Most have not much to say other than he has it made at MNF and he has Gruden QB Camp Oh and could coach in the NFL.

About 80% or better have no clue about whats going on at ESPN and other places in NFL. For those nay sayers I'd like to try to help you understand why he would come to UT.

1. ESPN is going broke
2. NFL is no longer watched by 1,000's cause the POS in the NFL are not greatful to the Great American Flag what it stands for and those who died for it.
3. Gruden is not having a QB Camp this year its already been waxed by ESPN due to money.
4. MNF is leaving ESPN to a diff network (Again ESPN) is going broke.
5. Cindy is from UT
6. Jon's Son goes to UT.
7 Cindy wants to move back to Tn
8. The Gruden family just bought a freaking huge house in knoxville thats not for just his son.
9 Jon said UT was his Dream Job
10. It didn't happen in 2012 cause of several reasons
10 A. Timing wasn't right
10 B. Jon had just signed a new MNF contract.
10 C. Haslam was in the way.
10 D. The money wasn't there for the Assistants.
10 E. AD at the time wouldn't give Jon the Control he wanted.
11. It's Freaking Tennessee that's why
12. This time Charlie Ergen has been working for 5 years gainnning more and more money, backing, lining up boosters, and getting ready to push the Haslams out so they stop making UT the Knoxville Browns.
13. He's Chucky.
14. He's been to the NFL already
15. The man lives and breathes UT, Hell he even has orange hair.
16 AGAIN IT"S TENNESSEE
17. TENNESSEE is the only college he would coach.
18. Unlike 2008, 2012 Gruden has not denied it one time this time and Grumors are everywhere, If he didn't want it to happen he would have already stopped the Grumors and said he didn't want the job.
19. Gruden has been in Knoxville more in the last month than he has in 5 years.
20. UTAD Plane has made several trips to Florida last couple weeks

I thought this needed repeating from Gruden XXXI.

How sure are we that they actually bought a house? I thought that was still just speculation at this point. Did I miss the confirmation? If so, that's awesome....

"I have spoken with multiple people at UT that say this is a 20 year decision for direction of UT"....Brice "Career defining moment for Currie".

Reactions: 19 people
I have seen posters throw out the I know one of the “BOT” comment but never a name. Well, I’m breaking that trend. A family member of mine has a mentor that is a BOT...that man is no other than John Foy. He was mentored by Mr. Foy when he was high up at CBL (they own and operate large malls across the US). I believe his duty on the board is mostly on the academic side but he obviously is in the know on these type of decisions. He told my family friend that he said we have Jon Gruden. He would be bewildered if it didn’t happen. He said due to his position on the board he couldn’t give out too many details but that it should be before the last game of the year that it’s announced.

I-love-this-post.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Well I'll be damned, this man named his source.

Reactions: 4 people
If Currie is in Charlotte there is no telling who/if he is interviewing. Charlotte sounds like the type of place people would go for a neutral setting.

Scotch lessons, horse racing history lessons, ESPN truck stake outs, classic novel reflections, awesome generosity shown to vets and kids, golf course inquiries, and mole analyzation...Volnation is the best ****ing place!!!

Reactions: 7 people
Currie wants to be seen flying around on commercial. It fits the narrative. Gets people off of JG and onto whos he going to interview. All a part of the plan. If he didn’t want to be seen, he wouldn’t.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back