Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is not an employee of the athletic program and the NCAA deems him to be a "representative of the institution’s athletic interests,” then he is a booster. Boosters may not be involved in the recruiting process.

Role of Boosters | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

He would be considered an agent working on behalf of the university. Much like a 3rd party recruiting agency, which many schools use and are 100% NCAA compliant.

I'm surprised Hyams' isn't in bed yet. Isn't it past time for his back pill, some BenGay, and sleep?

My honest opinion? Hyams is small time with a small time mindset and the thought of someone the caliber of Gruden on the hill intimidates the hell out of him.

Reactions: 3 people
I find it very interesting that many people and “sources” are saying and agreeing that:

A) Gruden has been offered
B) Gruden has been talking to potential assistants for his staff

I think A is obvious because you at least give it a try, but if B is also true.. if Gruden is interviewing potential assistants then you have to consider he has agreeed to take the job (whether or not anything has officially been signed) or at the very least that he is seriously considering it

Exactly what I asked Swain but he never replied. #SmokeScreen lol

Other than alleged texts from reddit, have I missed anything today.

Yes or no is fine. If yes, I can do the work to find it.

Ty

I’ve said this before but the danger of this place, like a huge megaphone, is that we often create the story. Something is said here, repeated elsewhere, repeated another place, and then comes back here as “verified by multiple sources.”

Troof!!!!!!!!!!!

My honest opinion? Hyams is small time with a small time mindset and the thought of someone the caliber of Gruden on the hill intimidates the hell out of him.

It scares most state run media because they know the good ol boy system would be shut down with someone like Gruden. He doesn't need friends in the media like Butch did

Reactions: 2 people
The image said that Gruden has already reached out to Cade Mayes. Doesn't Gruden have to clear something with the NCAA before he can reach out to recruits?

Seems like someone posted a tweet exchange from Gruden's son at UT about Jon taking a NCAA test. That was posted last month in one of the Gruden Threads after the Georgia or more likely the South Carolina games. The referenced test being a requirement of all NCAA football coaches regarding the rules of recruiting.

Anybody recall this?

dennis dodd...
tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Lol Boom!

Reactions: 1 person
"Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes."

Role of Boosters | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

A) He's not considered a booster and B)You would have to prove that he is actively recruiting him. If the conversation is that he will be the next coach, not sure you've got a case there. Again though, I am not convinced such a conversation took place.

Gruden is the hottest girl in HS. She has no b/f because she wants every guy chasing her. She wants every guy asking her to the prom, and wants the entire school to know it. In the end she goes alone, because that's what she wanted all along, just the attention. An attention whore who uses sheep to make her feel special and desired lol.

Reactions: 1 person
It's already been reported through fairly reliable sources that Currie has been on the phone with some of our top-level recruits. The story was that Currie said, "If you don't know who the coach is by the early signing period, then I (Currie) will have to find another job."

I was told by a teammate of one of our top recruits that he was contacted by "our next coach" today. He may have been full of sh*t though. Seems a bit off to me.

I don't think Gruden contacted Cade. I just don't.

If. He did, I would expect an announcement within 24 hrs. No way he talks to him and tells him to keep quiet for a week or two.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back