Official Jacksonville Jaguars thread

When are the Jags moving to London?...I'm actually surprised they struggle, young team and getting better and Jacksonville is a football town. I used to work down there in the Independent Life building...used to love to walk down to the Landing after a long day

The city of Jacksonville doesn't give a **** about football outside of the money that the largest cocktail party brings in once a year. Unless things have changed in the last couple of years.

Reactions: 1 person
Blake Bortles has a better winning percentage in the Playoffs (100%) than Tom Brady (73.5%).

Reactions: 2 people
The city of Jacksonville doesn't give a **** about football outside of the money that the largest cocktail party brings in once a year. Unless things have changed in the last couple of years.

This stuff has bothered me for years. One of the many reasons I am happy about this season.

Jacksonville has not only been one of the worst teams in the NFL the last several years, they have been perhaps the league's most boring. Think of a Jaguar player in the last 10 years who's jersey you'd want to buy.

As I and the rest of the city was subjected to the garbage that were the Jags, we have to listen to people from other places as if they'd be throwing down money for that crap.

Jacksonville is no different than the vast majority of NFL cities. Win and put a good product on the field, you fill seats. Lose and be a Sportscenter punchline and the stadium is empty.

There are very few places in the NFL where it's a college like atmosphere and the stadium is full, win or lose.

If they continue to put winning teams on the field and the stadium is empty, feel free to unload on the fan base.

Last edited:
This stuff has bothered me for years. One of the many reasons I am happy about this season.

Jacksonville has not only been one of the worst teams in the NFL the last several years, they have been perhaps the league's most boring. Think of a Jaguar player in the last 10 years who's jersey you'd want to buy.

As I and the rest of the city was subjected to the garbage that were the Jags, we have to listen to people from other places as if they'd be throwing down money for that crap.

Jacksonville is no different than the vast majority of NFL cities. Win and put a good product on the field, you fill seats. Lose and be a Sportscenter punchline and the stadium is empty.

There are very few places in the NFL where it's a college like atmosphere and the stadium is full, win or lose.

If they continue to put winning teams on the field and the stadium is empty, feel free to unload on the fan base.
I was part of that fanbase for a while when I was stationed there for a few years. You are the exact example of what I am talking about (a year ago lol). Fairweather fans and fans that don't support the team. So please tell me how I'm wrong that the people there really haven't given a **** about the Jags for a long time.....I mean you basically supported my post. I am very happy to see Jax doing well.

I was part of that fanbase for a while when I was stationed there for a few years. You are the exact example of what I am talking about (a year ago lol). Fairweather fans and fans that don't support the team. So please tell me how I'm wrong that the people there really haven't given a **** about the Jags for a long time.....I mean you basically supported my post. I am very happy to see Jax doing well.

I think you proceed from a false premise. The NFL is not college.

You don't have sellouts across the league for these teams regardless of the win/loss record. That is not indicative of whether a fan base cares or not at the NFL level. The amount of those franchises that are like that are few and far between.

Everyone looks at the Patriots today, they should have seen just how beloved the Patriots were in the New England area before Robert Kraft.

If you want to call the Jaguar fan base "fairweather" for empty seats, there are about 30 cities that can be accurately labeled fairweather.

I can post pictures of Jets and Giants home games this season with plenty of empty seats and they are in a city with over 8 million people. Would you claim New Yorkers don't care about the Jets or the Giants?

I think you proceed from a false premise. The NFL is not college.

You don't have sellouts across the league for these teams regardless of the win/loss record. That is not indicative of whether a fan base cares or not at the NFL level. The amount of those franchises that are like that are few and far between.

Everyone looks at the Patriots today, they should have seen just how beloved the Patriots were in the New England area before Robert Kraft.

If you want to call the Jaguar fan base "fairweather" for empty seats, there are about 30 cities that can be accurately labeled fairweather.

I can post pictures of Jets and Giants home games this season with plenty of empty seats and they are in a city with over 8 million people. Would you claim New Yorkers don't care about the Jets or the Giants?

The Giants and Jets ranked in the top 4 in average home attendance this year.......the Jaguars were 21st......and no, 30 cities can't be labeled as Fairweather fans. I'm not running down the Jaguars, they are one of the teams I can pull for against just about anyone, but stop pretending the city has supported them over the years.

The Giants and Jets ranked in the top 4 in average home attendance this year.......the Jaguars were 21st......and no, 30 cities can't be labeled as Fairweather fans. I'm not running down the Jaguars, they are one of the teams I can pull for against just about anyone, but stop pretending the city has supported them over the years.

Are the Giants and Jets ranked in the top 4 for total attendance, or capacity?

If it’s total attendance, it might be because they have one of the biggest stadiums in the league.

Beyond that, I think you’re both right to a degree. Jacksonville is definitely a fair weather city, but probably no more so than most of the other non-bluebloods of the NFL. The Titans home games were laughable during their recent downturn. Yet when they were good in the early 2000s, it was widely regarded as one of the loudest stadiums in the league. I doubt the Jacksonvilles, Charlottes, Atlantas, or Tampas of the world are much different.

Maybe not 30 but I think it's pretty accurate to say out of the 32 NFL cities, there's really not that many I can think of that would fill the stadium up even if the team sucked; I'm thinking there may be 10. Also I'm pretty sure the rankings are tickets sold, not actual butts in seats, so that ranking is a bit misleading.

I've found over the years that Jax has had the perception of being one of the worst. Part of that is probably because they are one of the youngest teams and they haven't been particularly good. Right now the honor definitely goes to the Chargers. LA doesn't give a crap about that team and I'm not sure they ever will.

Maybe not 30 but I think it's pretty accurate to say out of the 32 NFL cities, there's really not that many I can think of that would fill the stadium up even if the team sucked; I'm thinking there may be 10. Also I'm pretty sure the rankings are tickets sold, not actual butts in seats, so that ranking is a bit misleading.

I've found over the years that Jax has had the perception of being one of the worst. Part of that is probably because they are one of the youngest teams and they haven't been particularly good. Right now the honor definitely goes to the Chargers. LA doesn't give a crap about that team and I'm not sure they ever will.
Holy **** what a bump lol :). Most of my comments about Jax has to do with living there for a few years and what I saw. Attendance is possibly better , but during the Leftwich days they couldn’t give away tickets and they had a few blackouts during a couple of seasons.

Holy **** what a bump lol :). Most of my comments about Jax has to do with living there for a few years and what I saw. Attendance is possibly better , but during the Leftwich days they couldn’t give away tickets and they had a few blackouts during a couple of seasons.

TBH even with playing the Titans twice a year, I would constantly forget they were a team.

Of course I still forget the Tampa Bay Rays are a team too.

There are very few places in the NFL where it's a college like atmosphere and the stadium is full, win or lose./QUOTE]

Agreed, and those fanbases are known for doing stupid stuff, like jumping off and onto foldable tables and dunking their heads in urine. Better off not to be those guys.

Why would Gruden do this? The only reason the Jags didn't fire their head coach and GM is they didn't want to saddle a new regime with Nick Foles' immovable contract.
Maybe he thinks he can land the HC gig after Marrone is fired

VN Store

Back