Official Gruden Thread 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
UCLA is going to rip Kelly right out from UF's hands.

I believe UCLA will make a big push for Petersen. If he wants out of Washington, UCLA would be a perfect landing spot for him. They went after him really hard when he left Boise. Makes sense if he wants to stay out west.

Babyvol on if anyone thinks Beaver is a troll

"I promise he’s more connected than anyone on any board. If you knew who he was like I do, you would know."

"He’s on the payroll for this hire and that’s all I’ll say."

"Still Gruden!"

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Question: If Beaver knows Gruden is a done deal, why does he give a rat's patoote what any reporter says about it? Why call out all the media on Twitter? Why not just sit back and smile, knowing it's only a matter of time before the secret is unveiled and the media winds up with egg on their faces?

Beaver's actions are not the actions of someone who knows the next head coach has been signed, sealed and delivered.

To add to this - several posters have asked him point blank when he posts on the forums if Gruden will still be the next head coach, and he ignores every single direct question about it

Reactions: 1 person
It doesn't mean Tennessee isn't targeting Gruden. It just means that John Currie is taking advantage of opportunity. Who is the biggest name on UT's coaching board? Gruden. Mention anything related to Gruden and everyone goes nuts. Currie is no fool. Orlando's easy access from Tampa is perfect. Fly in to Tampa, everyone talks about Gruden, while you're actually interviewing Frost 90 minutes away. Nobody mentions Frost. It's perfect.

Think about it. While Brice and Ramey were reporting Gruden last week, a lot of very well connected reporters couldn't confirm that Currie was talking to Gruden. In fact Hyams was adamant that he wasn't talking to Gruden. And given Currie's penchant for playing things close to the vest, do we honestly think that he would fly to Tampa to talk to Gruden? That's way too conspicuous. If/when Currie and Gruden met, I guarantee you that meeting didn't take place in Tampa.

What I was thinking. Not that Gruden isn't our first choice.

Question: If Beaver knows Gruden is a done deal, why does he give a rat's patoote what any reporter says about it? Why call out all the media on Twitter? Why not just sit back and smile, knowing it's only a matter of time before the secret is unveiled and the media winds up with egg on their faces?

Beaver's actions are not the actions of someone who knows the next head coach has been signed, sealed and delivered.

If he is who he says, he's trying to turn the fanbase against the "old guard."

I believe UCLA will make a big push for Petersen. If he wants out of Washington, UCLA would be a perfect landing spot for him. They went after him really hard when he left Boise. Makes sense if he wants to stay out west.

Peterson doesent like west coast late games because his players don’t get seen as much as east coast guys.

I’d buy him coming to UT before UCLA

As the clock winds to 00:00 in the Vandy game, an executive helicopter settles onto the exact center of Shields Watkins field. As the whine of the rotors dies away, the door opens and out steps Coach Jon Gruden

No the helicopter is going to lower a big anchor and Gruden is gonna shimmy down the chain. And it will be known as irony.

I don't think it would happen, but I could almost imagine Eason transferring here if Gruden came. With Fromm taking off and Justin Fields joining next year, it's going to be tough for Eason to beat them. Not taking anything away from Eason, but he's going to be too good to sit behind another guy or 2.

He’d transfer to UWA.

My issue with Beaver is that I know he's said things that are not true. Some of his info lines up. Some does not at all.

At this point you can almost either believe Beaver or believe guys like John Brice and Trey Wallace.

Or he could be a very competitive individual that put a lot of effort into this endeavor and deeply wants UT to be great again?

"I promise he’s more connected than anyone on any board. If you knew who he was like I do, you would know."

"Still Gruden!"

We’ll blow me downnnnn!

Dayummm

My issue with Beaver is that I know he's said things that are not true. Some of his info lines up. Some does not at all.

At this point you can almost either believe Beaver or believe guys like John Brice and Trey Wallace.

What doesn’t line up? Not bashing, just curious.

"Still Gruden!"

In other words, all of you trolls talking **** about the Beav.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 people

I wish I was trolling hyams. That just means beaver is good people in my book.

Reactions: 2 people

Or just believe the actual facts that have been put out there by media outlets which is little to none. Beaver knows about as much as the next guy. He said gruden was a done deal back in thread 15 and that the deal would be announced 6 weeks ago. If anything, he’s a rival fan getting a kick out of tricking gullible people on here.

The easiest thing to do is look at Beaver's posts as satire and fun only.

Based on how many candidates seem to be getting picked up off the table, if we dont get Gruden I almost feel like Dooley is better option than Norvell. If Dooley hadn't hired Sal as his DC he may still be our coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back