Official Gruden Thread 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our tackling was better tonight. It is a shame we fumbled the two punts and then the second half kickoff in the monsoon was bad timing. I expected Guice to get 250 on us.

Reactions: 1 person
And Gruden thought he'd be walking into a great situation before tonight's result.

If a game performance was going to keep him from taking the job, I’d say the Kentucky and/or Missouri game would have done it. I’m not sure why anyone would have expected to see a completely different team tonight. They did look a little more fired up, but you don’t go from terrible to great in 1 week just because of a coaching change. If we fired Butch when we should have (after Georgia) they might have been able to put in a new system over the Bye week and gradually improve enough to be competitive tonight. When you only have 2 weeks left, all you can do is try to improve on what you have.

Reactions: 3 people
Ape,

giphy.gif

I should run as fadt as I can.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think Slinky saw Freaks warning about trolling in this Thread! I smell a Banhammer coming! :)

Thought you put me on ignore? I’m not trolling anyone. You guys approached me. I don’t just sit back and take it so you want me banned. Pathetic.

This. They weren’t his personal seats. When we talked last night about the UPS mix up, he said he was going to call some people. Then he said the AD had us covered. Boy, did they ever.

I just have to share what this night was like.

We get there, pick up up the tickets and go through the gate, and there’s greeters putting arm bands on us. I look at my husband, all bewildered and he says, “Whoa”. We’ve never been to a UT football game and needed arm bands.

They usher us to the elevators and we step out to this awesome lobby. My girls were like, “Whoa”. There’s a Calhoun’s booth set up slicing off brisket. There’s a panini booth in the other corner. TV’s everywhere with tables and chairs. It looks like a swanky club and I guarantee our faces looked like we didn’t belong. There were even greeters in the bathroom!

We get to our seats and they are perfect, Section F, right on the 50 yard line. My girls faces when they saw the enormity of Neyland is something I’ll never forget. The jets flying over, the band, they were amazed by everything.

AtlantaVol, my girls said to tell you “Thank you”. They said they had the best time ever and can’t wait to go back. My husband and I can’t thank you enough.

Rain or no rain, this was a night to remember.

This right here just made my night.

So happy for you all, faceless. So happy.

Thank you, AV. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Don't know who that is but the check into cash guy is from cleveland tn and is a multimillionaire if not billionaire

And that Sh*t is like crack cocaine to the poor and disadvantaged! He is a scumbag who charges like 360% interest to people that can't make their electric or water payments! He is a terrible human being!

Reactions: 6 people
Didn't say you can not be a fan of both, just saying subject would not be talked about right now, if Tennessee was winning ball games and championships.

Well your theory is flawed because Vols are horrid right now yet we are talking about them. Even if preds were equally as bad us as Preds fans who happen to also be vols fan would be discussing them as well. Fandom knows no end.

This. They weren’t his personal seats. When we talked last night about the UPS mix up, he said he was going to call some people. Then he said the AD had us covered. Boy, did they ever.

I just have to share what this night was like.

We get there, pick up up the tickets and go through the gate, and there’s greeters putting arm bands on us. I look at my husband, all bewildered and he says, “Whoa”. We’ve never been to a UT football game and needed arm bands.

They usher us to the elevators and we step out to this awesome lobby. My girls were like, “Whoa”. There’s a Calhoun’s booth set up slicing off brisket. There’s a panini booth in the other corner. TV’s everywhere with tables and chairs. It looks like a swanky club and I guarantee our faces looked like we didn’t belong. There were even greeters in the bathroom!

We get to our seats and they are perfect, Section F, right on the 50 yard line. My girls faces when they saw the enormity of Neyland is something I’ll never forget. The jets flying over, the band, they were amazed by everything.

AtlantaVol, my girls said to tell you “Thank you”. They said they had the best time ever and can’t wait to go back. My husband and I can’t thank you enough.

Rain or no rain, this was a night to remember.

That's awesome! Happy for you and your family!

Reactions: 3 people
If a game performance was going to keep him from taking the job, I’d say the Kentucky and/or Missouri game would have done it. I’m not sure why anyone would have expected to see a completely different team tonight. They did look a little more fired up, but you don’t go from terrible to great in 1 week just because of a coaching change. If we fired Butch when we should have (after Georgia) they might have been able to put in a new system over the Bye week and gradually improve enough to be competitive tonight. When you only have 2 weeks left, all you can do is try to improve on what you have.

Should have said blue font.

Reactions: 1 person
I think our tackling was better tonight. It is a shame we fumbled the two punts and then the second half kickoff in the monsoon was bad timing. I expected Guice to get 250 on us.
Yeah I thought our longsnapper had crisp snaps and the guy standing next to Hoke kept he water refilled. Just kidding man.You are right and a good fan looking for positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back