Official grief thread

Its not sad at all...unless you mean my forgetting about it... That is sad.

Wirh our roster versus their upper classman roster, their coach of many years vs our first year coach ...it was a good win.

I do expect more from this staff, its just that the multiple close losses worry me
The games were only close because of our improvement. They would've been blowout losses the year prior.

Both the OPs and the ones who are prematurely acting like this is a great hire after just 1 season.
He did get awards for being the best 1st year coach in football. . . we did have the biggest turn-around of any school. We are recruiting at a top10 level. All signs point to a great hire after year 1.

Both the OPs and the ones who are prematurely acting like this is a great hire after just 1 season.

No one declared this a great hire after 1 season. Its a work in process. Certainly love the offensive production and hope to see it continue!!! Defense needs improvement, but we can’t have it all in just one season. Let’s hope for continued success in the coming years and not the absolute trash hire this was pronounced to be so early on.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
The season's signature win was Kentucky.
However sad that is.

Heupel for doing better than expected last season and all of us should give him credit for that could not find a way to even beat the spread against UF, UGA, or Bama. If he keeps performing like that year over year over year it does not bode well for him being on The Hill long term and I expect White would have to go with him. Measuring ourselves agaunst UK is not where it's at folks, measuring how we perform against the Big 3 is. He's got to actually beat one of them the next couple of years to stay IMO.

These threads where people prematurely declare things to be fact are always funny, and perilous for all involved because sometimes just when you think you are right and someone else is wrong, events shift again. Best to try to be polite to everyone, a lesson I certainly can benefit from as well, you just never know when you'll be served up a steaming pile of good ole crow!
Find the one when Beldar was hired

A lot of people overreacted to the hire in a bad way. I think also maybe we’re getting ahead of ourselves by saying Heupel is the greatest coach ever. I’m a fan so far and I think he definitely looks to be the best coach since Fulmer but let’s not make fun of others for making fast judgment while we do the same ourselves.

And I’m all for White and Heupel, both have shown themselves to be class acts so far.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
A lot of people overreacted to the hire in a bad way. I think also maybe we’re getting ahead of ourselves by saying Heupel is the greatest coach ever. I’m a fan so far and I think he definitely looks to be the best coach since Fulmer but let’s not make fun of others for making fast judgment while we do the same ourselves.

And I’m all for White and Heupel, both have shown themselves to be class acts so far.

Just for snicks and giggles after year 4 if he's yet to beat UF, UGA, or Bama are you going to cosign with a
"hell yea give me more Heupel" year 5?

The games were only close because of our improvement. They would've been blowout losses the year prior.

True..but we had the opportunity to win three more games and didnt.

Coaching? Fatigue? Talent?

I dont know the answer. But teams that are expecting to do big things have to win those..most if not all of them.

So i am hoping another year with this staff will prepare the players to figure out what must be done to walk off the field with a win in those tight games.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

VN Store

Back