Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Grades are in, my regalia is ready to go, graduation is tomorrow. Two ceremonies. I may take my earbuds and watch movies during the speeches when I'm not directing the brass choir.

They've hired me back and we're talking long term plans for the program.

I'm having surgery in June to remove a vein in my leg. We're back in limb salvage mode. Worst comes to worst, I'll have two hollow legs to sneak booze into the stadium.

Life is good.

Very nice. Is the floor the the vinyl or wood? I've been wanting to redo the floors at my other house probably with plank type vinyl, but I really need to move the cabinets and tear out the particle board underlay - beginning to think that approach is tougher than I am though.

The one thing I've decided never to do again though is stainless steel appliances. Every time I look at the new dishwasher, I ask why anybody would think this works in a kitchen. Painted surfaces just don't show streaks etc like the stainless steel.

Reactions: AshG
Very nice. Is the floor the the vinyl or wood? I've been wanting to redo the floors at my other house probably with plank type vinyl, but I really need to move the cabinets and tear out the particle board underlay - beginning to think that approach is tougher than I am though.

The one thing I've decided never to do again though is stainless steel appliances. Every time I look at the new dishwasher, I ask why anybody would think this works in a kitchen. Painted surfaces just don't show streaks etc like the stainless steel.
Junk laminate floor. Water will make it swell and I’ve replaced a few boards already. This retirement job sucks.

Yeah she loves it, especially the gas stove.

We've had a gas stove here for over forty years, and I really dislike using the electric stove with the glass top at the other house. It's my own fault, though. My dad wanted a gas stove and my sister and I refused. Other than peripheral vision he was blind at the time, and my sister and I said there was no way in hell we were getting him a gas stove.

Junk laminate floor. Water will make it swell and I’ve replaced a few boards already. This retirement job sucks.

The tile my dad put down years ago in the kitchen has cracked and the particle board under it definitely suffered. The new vinyl stuff doesn't look as nice as wood, but seems more practical in the kitchen. I put down some press and stick vinyl squares in the bathroom a few years ago and grouted it to look like tile. It has turned out surprisingly well for something that was intended as just an interim thing.

The tile my dad put down years ago in the kitchen has cracked and the particle board under it definitely suffered. The new vinyl stuff doesn't look as nice as wood, but seems more practical in the kitchen. I put down some press and stick vinyl squares in the bathroom a few years ago and grouted it to look like tile. It has turned out surprisingly well for something that was intended as just an interim thing.
I am a fan of LVP flooring over wood in the kitchen. Anyplace where there could be leaks it's fantastic

It looks like inflation has hit the air show business. They are having an air show at McGhee Tyson airport this September with the Blue Angels and several other exhibits. Parking is $75 with free admission, and they have some reserved seating starting at $75/ea going up to $700 for a plastic table with 4 chairs. I went to the last airshow they had several years ago and parking was $40 which I thought was outrageous, especially since it was 2 miles from the entrance.

TICKETS

It looks like inflation has hit the air show business. They are having an air show at McGhee Tyson airport this September with the Blue Angels and several other exhibits. Parking is $75 with free admission, and they have some reserved seating starting at $75/ea going up to $700 for a plastic table with 4 chairs. I went to the last airshow they had several years ago and parking was $40 which I thought was outrageous, especially since it was 2 miles from the entrance.

TICKETS

Incredible!

VN Store

Back