Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

All engines should be that way. We're probably dumping oil too early in most cases because somebody set a number "to be on the safe side". Engines burn cleaner these days, so you'd definitely expect fewer pollutants to get by the rings and contaminate the oil.
Did they really "set a number to be on the safe side", or did they set a number that would double their revenues?

There's nothing quite so boring as waiting on an oil change. I'm about to fall asleep in this waiting room

The worst part is when they tell you everything else they want to do to the vehicle. I got so tired of getting a clean air filter explained to me that I just started going dealership only or drive through only. It’s so annoying.

Reactions: AM64 and AshG
The worst part is when they tell you everything else they want to do to the vehicle. I got so tired of getting a clean air filter explained to me that I just started going dealership only or drive through only. It’s so annoying.

That's Thursday for me.

Maryland requires all vehicles bought out of state undergo a $100 inspection by a licensed station (full body, not just emissions), who then try to upsell you on all kinds of service. Then you take that form and pay $500+ for two license plates that you have to give back when you move out of state.

That's Thursday for me.

Maryland requires all vehicles bought out of state undergo a $100 inspection by a licensed station (full body, not just emissions), who then try to upsell you on all kinds of service. Then you take that form and pay $500+ for two license plates that you have to give back when you move out of state.

I am sure it sounded reasonable when the measure was passed.

VN Store

Back