Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

We failed our frame/plumb/mechanical inspection today. That's gonna delay drywall by at least a few days. The stuff is minor and can be addressed in a few hours but requesting, scheduling, and conducting the inspection is where most of the delay will be. Hope we pass because we're running out of things to do.

We failed our frame/plumb/mechanical inspection today. That's gonna delay drywall by at least a few days. The stuff is minor and can be addressed in a few hours but requesting, scheduling, and conducting the inspection is where most of the delay will be. Hope we pass because we're running out of things to do.
Single family home?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Yessir. I want the ability to rent the basement as a separate unit which added a layer of complexity I wasn't prepared for.

My brother was stationed in Montana and returned with a bunch of NoDak (North Dakota) jokes - pretty much along the line of other old ethnic jokes. Anyway you reminded me of one.

A guy added indoor plumbing and decided to rent his old outhouse for $4/month. He got an offer from a S Dakota guy and asked him if he was really OK with the cost and living conditions. The guy said "Yep, I already got the basement sublet to a NoDak for $2/mo".

My inspector was pointing things out as he went, I was addressing as quickly as he was finding. For the last 2 items he said if I'd text him pictures of the improvements, he'd pass us. He had pictures in an hour and we had the documents that afternoon

Huge. Huge

On3 has him high 4star no237 recruit overall. Best wr in TN...AP been saying for months that this was our no1 WR on our board fwiw..

My initial post was correct before I edited it....Jackson is a high 4* and ranked the no80 overall recruit by On3. He has been rocketing up rankings after his junior year...junior stats are insane from Memphis HS:

1700 yards. 27 TDS!!
7int as a safety.

Those arent the stats through his Jr year...theyre FROM his junior year lmao. Which is also insane.

This dude jumps off of the film and everybody wanted him. Hes only 16yo also and already 6ft3in. Props to our staff for landing this kid. We got in on him much earlier than everyone else and it paid off

My inspector was pointing things out as he went, I was addressing as quickly as he was finding. For the last 2 items he said if I'd text him pictures of the improvements, he'd pass us. He had pictures in an hour and we had the documents that afternoon
Inspectors can be great or not-so-great. We got a quiet one, unfortunately. He was actually surprised my contractor was on site and politely told him he didn't have to be there. He walked through and didn't say a word to anybody. Left without even a courtesy goodbye.

Luck of the draw with those folks.

Inspectors can be great or not-so-great. We got a quiet one, unfortunately. He was actually surprised my contractor was on site and politely told him he didn't have to be there. He walked through and didn't say a word to anybody. Left without even a courtesy goodbye.

Luck of the draw with those folks.

In my experience, most of them aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and generally lazy. Couldn't/can't hold a job in the private sector.

In my experience, most of them aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and generally lazy. Couldn't/can't hold a job in the private sector.
and they 100% can do/say whatever they want. regardless of code, what an expert, the manufacturer or anyone else says. they can even contradict the building department.

My dad carried a disdain in his heart for building inspectors. It didn't do him any good though because he received no grace or kindness from them. I try to take a healthier approach. The lady in the permit office has been an absolute blessing. She is knowledgeable and happy to answer questions and give guidance. I figure if we just address the issues the inspector noted, learn how to better navigate the bureaucratic maze, and learn the lingo/processes it will be an overall win for us. Fingers crossed.

VN Store

Back