Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Sorry man but there's plenty of great stuff that's been made since Eminem dropped off.

It's okay to admit you have no desire to seek it. I don't know why this is a recurring theme with white dudes over 40 lol.

And I'm sorry but Mix A Lot? Really? Really??? That whole list is just a top 10 name drop, brother. You forgot the Sugarhill Gang while quoting that compilation CD from the QVC channel 🤣

Other than 50 Cent... who?

And if I have to get out the CD collection as proof, I will.

That scene after this was amazing. When he takes his hatchet/tomahawk and continues to wail on the dude long after he gave up the ghost...they had just murdered his son for Petes sake. He was like an animal in that scene and i completely understand. I like the Patriot movie better than Braveheart honestly.
What's next, Home Alone 2 is better than part 1?

50 Cent had 1 good album. Also, not as big as I expected him to be. He and Floyd Mayweather walked past me at a club in Park City and even Floyd didn't make him look that big.

My top guys since Eminem:

Kendrick Lamar
Kanye West
KiD CuDi

Sorry man but there's plenty of great stuff that's been made since Eminem dropped off.

It's okay to admit you have no desire to seek it. I don't know why this is a recurring theme with white dudes over 40 lol.

And I'm sorry but Mix A Lot? Really? Really??? That whole list is just a top 10 name drop, brother. You forgot the Sugarhill Gang while quoting that compilation CD from the QVC channel 🤣
Afroman

Talk to us when you're 50 or 55. You'll probably still listen to more of the music you did in your 20's and 30's, maybe early 40's. After a certain point, you tend to focus on so many other things that you kind of lose touch with the changes in music genres. Not entirely, but it does happen. Since you stated you are a musician, you may be one of those that does stay dialed in. May be an easier tendency if someone is a musician or in the business. I shifted to listening to a fair amount of jazz over the last 10 years. I NEVER saw myself doing that, but I also have 20 something year old kids that keep me up to speed. My wife has Harry Styles playing through the house all the time. It's like having a love struck teenager around this place.

Mac Miller
Kendrick Lamar
Danny Brown
Aesop Rock
Brother Ali
Action Bronson
Vince Staples
Outkast
MF DOOM
Atmosphere
JPEGMAFIA
Tyler the Creator

Just to name a few from the past 15 years.

I don't doubt you own those CD's. It's just a very basic list littered with half baked, commercially appealing garbage that generally presents a mediocre iteration of hip hop.

No Wu Tang, Digable Planets, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, or Mos Def? Tsk tsk.

Talk to us when you're 50 or 55. You'll probably still listen to more of the music you did in your 20's and 30's, maybe early 40's. After a certain point, you tend to focus on so many other things that you kind of lose touch with the changes in music genres. Not entirely, but it does happen. Since you stated you are a musician, you may be one of those that does stay dialed in. May be an easier tendency if someone is a musician or in the business. I shifted to listening to a fair amount of jazz over the last 10 years. I NEVER saw myself doing that, but I also have 20 something year old kids that keep me up to speed. My wife has Harry Styles playing through the house all the time. It's like she's a love struck teenager around this place.

I doubt I'll be able to talk to a lot of y'all in 20 years 🤣

I'm obsessed with music. The day I stop breathing in new material is tge day I no longer desire to breathe.

Mac Miller
Kendrick Lamar
Danny Brown
Aesop Rock
Brother Ali
Action Bronson
Vince Staples
Outkast
MF DOOM
Atmosphere
JPEGMAFIA
Tyler the Creator

Just to name a few from the past 15 years.

I don't doubt you own those CD's. It's just a very basic list littered with half baked, commercially appealing garbage that generally presents a mediocre iteration of hip hop.

No Wu Tang, Digable Planets, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, or Mos Def? Tsk tsk.
Lots of these same artists in my old CD wallet. Here and there I recall what I am missing from my Spotify account and add it to a playlist. My daughter is a big fan of Tyler the creator.

Reactions: DinkinFlicka

I'm obsessed with music. The day I stop breathing in new material is tge day I no longer desire to breathe.

Because there's a better than average chance some of us won't be here. Don't worry, you'll miss us.

Reactions: AM64

So is that is a reason to be a d!ck and essentially call everyone with a differing opinion a racist? We get your point after multiple posts.

So is that is a reason to be a d!ck and essentially call everyone with a differing opinion a racist? We get your point after multiple posts.

I took posting history into account with the people I accused of that. I'm not going lose sleep over calling out Burst and Space over bigotry fueled ignorance when it comes to rejecting modern black culture.

I never need a reason to be a dick about music. You can sit down now.

I'm obsessed with good music. I like musicians that actually play instruments and can actually sing without electronic assistance.... even if they are off key a little. You and I have different tastes. I can live with that. It apparently bothers you and there is some kind of one upsmanship that you are in dire need of.

OK.

You win.

I took posting history into account with the people I accused of that. I'm not going lose sleep over calling out Burst and Space over bigotry fueled ignorance when it comes to rejecting modern black culture.

I never need a reason to be a dick about music. You can sit down now.
**** off

You forgot the Sugarhill Gang 🤣
Maybe it's just an aside but while Rapper's Delight was (I'm almost positive) the first rap song to break the US Top 40 I wanted to give a shout out to Blondie that took, I'll call it "rap inclusive", Rapture to #1 only a few months after RD.

VN Store

Back