Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

This right here is one reason I am not tainting the win with grousing about the defense. AR isnt a scrub QB. The young man is extremely talented. His talent doesn't always shine because he is learning the position. He played incredibly. Our D plan, as I saw it, was to rush 4, contain him, stop the run and make AR beat us with the pass....which he almost did. A good plan because that is his weakness. What AR did is tonight is akin to what Dobbs did for us under Butch. It's what Adrian Martinez just did to Oklahoma.

Unfortunately this win will not look better as the season continues. I have a feeling UF will tank which is their trend when there isn't anything important to play for.
I don’t think it’s a given that Florida tanks but we’re gonna get a real look at how good of a motivator and leader Napier is now. Thus far from what I’ve seen I hope Napier is there for a long long time and we need all of the SEC coaches singing his praises like they did for the morons that coached us over the last 15 years. But Florida has talent on that roster. Likely not as much as past teams but there is talent there. Florida could very well be the best two loss team in the country right now. We are gonna get a look if we are the worst undefeated team in the country or not over the next five weeks or so. But I got no real complaints right now. I wish our D was better. But this is the best coached team we’ve fielded in a long time.

I don’t think it’s a given that Florida tanks but we’re gonna get a real look at how good of a motivator and leader Napier is now. Thus far from what I’ve seen I hope Napier is there for a long long time and we need all of the SEC coaches singing his praises like they did for the morons that coached us over the last 15 years. But Florida has talent on that roster. Likely not as much as past teams but there is talent there. Florida could very well be the best two loss team in the country right now. We are gonna get a look if we are the worst undefeated team in the country or not over the next five weeks or so. But I got no real complaints right now. I wish our D was better. But this is the best coached team we’ve fielded in a long time.
i hope we keep being the worst undefeated team in the country til there aren't any others left

I hear ya bro. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a Debbie downer but holy cow. Undefeated and beating two deservedly ranked teams in year two?!
when we hired heupal i thought "wasnt he that overrated quarterback from the sooners when i was a kid?!?" He sure the hell knows his offense.

when we hired heupal i thought "wasnt he that overrated quarterback from the sooners when i was a kid?!?" He sure the hell knows his offense.
I didn’t really know how to react when we hired him all I could really think was oh great White went with the east hire and grabbed his buddy. But if White was really as good a hire as we all thought then he saw something in Hype that said SEC level coach. And right now both White and Hype appear to be great hires.

And when you hear Hype talk he genuinely sounds like he REALLY WANTS to be here! He is a fat ole Bubba redneck just like the rest of us and that’s awesome!

I didn’t really know how to react when we hired him all I could really think was oh great White went with the east hire and grabbed his buddy. But if White was really as good a hire as we all thought then he saw something in Hype that said SEC level coach. And right now both White and Hype appear to be great hires.

And when you hear Hype talk he genuinely sounds like he REALLY WANTS to be here! He is a fat ole Bubba redneck just like the rest of us and that’s awesome!

He's obviously a fine offensive mind and smart enough to know his defense needs more Johnnys/Joes without us telling him. The few pressers I've seen him in, he's not jawing about cornbread/eye discipline/life championships, gets to the point without fluff, and is well-spoken.

I'll take the ranking. With the bye week, we won't move much.

That LSU game will be hyped though since they likely win the next couple of games.

grumpy old cod

Happy as a lark with the win, I said on Friday that I thought we’d find a way to blow it and damn if we didn’t come close. I just want to see them get better my heart isn’t going to be able to take many more of those.

Reactions: AM64
Happy as a lark with the win, I said on Friday that I thought we’d find a way to blow it and damn if we didn’t come close. I just want to see them get better my heart isn’t going to be able to take many more of those.
Right. As if you have a heart.....

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Im right there with you...damn game nearly gave me a heart attack, left me with a blinding migraine, and shakey hands.

VN Store

Back