Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Wreckage of World War II aircraft carrier USS Hornet discovered

In case you missed it. Also interviewed a survivor:

"CBS This Morning" was able to share the discovery in real time with Richard Nowatzki in California – even finding the gun he was on during the attack.

"If you go down to my locker, there's 40 bucks in it, you can have it!" Nowatzki joked.

Lol

Tonight I am making one of McRib's favorite dinners. Mexican spaghetti. Maybe I'll get some ole later.

Moving on from our mayo discussion, I made grilled cheese sammiches to go with our chili last night. I experimented by making a fried PBJ. If you like PBJs, you should do one fried. OMG....so good.

Tonight I am making one of McRib's favorite dinners. Mexican spaghetti. Maybe I'll get some ole later.

Moving on from our mayo discussion, I made grilled cheese sammiches to go with our chili last night. I experimented by making a fried PBJ. If you like PBJs, you should do one fried. OMG....so good.

Explain this Mexican spaghetti good sir.

Explain this Mexican spaghetti good sir.
Delighted to:
just like regular spaghetti with meat sauce. however, the meat sauce has 50-75% ground and 25-50% ground sausage (spicy). Drain most but not all of the fat. season the meat with taco seasoning and add your favorite sauce. Bring to simmer. Serve over regular spaghetti noodles. top with mexiblend cheese, sour cream, pico, jalepenos or whatever you like in your mexican dishes. enjoy.

I got the concept from Demos restaurant in Mboro in the early 90s while a student at MTSU. Demos has several location in mid tn now. may even still be on the menu

Delighted to:
just like regular spaghetti with meat sauce. however, the meat sauce has 50-75% ground and 25-50% ground sausage (spicy). Drain most but not all of the fat. season the meat with taco seasoning and add your favorite sauce. Bring to simmer. Serve over regular spaghetti noodles. top with mexiblend cheese, sour cream, pico, jalepenos or whatever you like in your mexican dishes. enjoy.

I got the concept from Demos restaurant in Mboro in the early 90s while a student at MTSU. Demos has several location in mid tn now. may even still be on the menu

I will be requesting this next time I pass through your hood.

Delighted to:

Forgot to mention. I like to add additional chili powder, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. cumin, to spice it up a bit more.

It really does.

How about you and I hang out on his porch while he serves us dinner? I'll bring the scotch, you bring the tv, and we'll watch Rupp burn in orange flames on Saturday.
IF you can find me, bring your bad selves on down.

TN beat SC last night 85-73 in a sloppy game. TN is 23-1 and 11-0 in conference play. This crap is unheard of.
TN plays KY Saturday Night @ 8pm 7pm ct. on espn. TN men are still ranked #1 over everybody. GBO!!!
That game is going to be crazy. especially with UK coming off a home loss to LSU. kinda wish they had won easily so they weren't as focused.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
That game is going to be crazy. especially with UK coming off a home loss to LSU. kinda wish they had won easily so they weren't as focused.

TN needs to get it's own house in order to beat KY. TN BB is good enough to win on talent alone this year.
It was a sloppy game last night & Schofield would tell you that too. He said the team has to stay focused & not have games where they slack off. GW had only 8 points but it was the other guys that stepped up for him.
Schofield said TN does not back down from any team & they look forward to focus on KY Saturday.

TN needs to get it's own house in order to beat KY. TN BB is good enough to win on talent alone this year.
It was a sloppy game last night & Schofield would tell you that too. He said the team has to stay focused & not have games where they slack off. GW had only 8 points but it was the other guys that stepped up for him.
Schofield said TN does not back down from any team & they look forward to focus on KY Saturday.

As much as I hate to say it, they almost need a loss right now to rekindle the fire that got them to where they were.

However, just not Kentucky...

I agree. we still aren't playing our best right now. But its crazy that we can have one of the best players in the nation/SEC go on a slump, and still beat a decent team by a good margin. the post game brought it up, Duke has 3 guys that have scored 20+ in a game, we have 6. I respect that UK can beat us, especially at their place, but they don't scare me by any stretch.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
As much as I hate to say it, they almost need a loss right now to rekindle the fire that got them to where they were.

However, just not Kentucky...

Yep, I almost said it too. I didn't want to be the one to jinx the team. I haven't looked ahead to see whose after KY that we play. But if we lose to KY on Saturday night I hate to be the next team up. Just saying.

Yep, I almost said it too. I didn't want to be the one to jinx the team. I haven't looked ahead to see whose after KY that we play. But if we lose to KY on Saturday night I hate to be the next team up. Just saying.

The only reason why I don't want this to happen is the way ESPN has been slobbering over Duke as of late.

Please STFU already about them.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The only reason why I don't want this to happen is the way ESPN has been slobbering over Duke as of late.

Please STFU already about them.

I agree that they do....no question. SEC Network slobbered all over TN last night after their sloppy game.
Although they didn't think it was sloppy. Just another big win for them to move ahead.

I agree that they do....no question. SEC Network slobbered all over TN last night after their sloppy game.
Although they didn't think it was sloppy. Just another big win for them to move ahead.
If this team can "sloppy" their way to 12 point wins I am fine with that. we get every team's A game.
Duke had to come back from being 26 down last night or whenever, to a team we beat in Louisville.

no one is saying we are perfect, but no reason to disparage the team.

If this team can "sloppy" their way to 12 point wins I am fine with that. we get every team's A game.
Duke had to come back from being 26 down last night or whenever, to a team we beat in Louisville.

No, but a loss can help refocus them like it did after Kansas.

Just not Kentucky...

I don't think we disparaged the team. But it's highly unlikely to run the schedule out w/no loses that's b4 us somewhere down the line. Every team can have an off night.
I love this BB team that TN has right now and I'd hate to see them lose any game this year.

Time for me to run my errands I do on Thursday. Check ya'll later in the day.

VN Store

Back