Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I'll ask McRib.
Went in to the Trump hotel today. No protestors outside. I am disappoint. Absolutely beautiful weather for protesting. Although, there was a lady walking her dog and it pooped on the walkway by the building. I asked if her dog was a Democrat. Took her a second, but she chuckled appropriately.
Found it lol
NYC

Looking for information on Normandy Lake, never been there. I know from the map that it's a relatively small lake but what about depth, is it shallow like Old Hickory? Friends want to go camping down there next spring and trying to decide whether to go and if so do we bring the boat or not.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Looking for information on Normandy Lake, never been there. I know from the map that it's a relatively small lake but what about depth, is it shallow like Old Hickory? Friends want to go camping down there next spring and trying to decide whether to go and if so do we bring the boat or not.
Are the women coming, or is this a guy trip? It makes a difference.

No brats would be coming. Just hate hauling the boat down there and the lake not be worth getting out on.
Unless it's a farmer's pond, or you have a barge, what lake can't support a bass boat?

ETA: it's always fun to hear the lower unit hit a rock or three, unless it's grinding through mud!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

I would imagine if amphibious landing craft can make it, yo be fine.

I'm pretty sure my father-in-law used to fish there, but I don't know much about it, and he had something along the size of a bass boat. I've seen one ramp when driving by but I don't remember boat sizes. There's a decent sized fish hatchery near the lake. AirVol might be the current poster closest to the area since I haven't seen our Tullahoma poster lately. If I run across anybody who knows much about it, I'll pass along what I find out. Most of that area (to me) is wooded and hilly, but I don't recall from driving around the lake steeper grades like Fall Creek Falls. The closest place with stuff you might need (groceries, hardware, etc) after you get there is probably Tullahoma.

So my few days of peace and quiet here went to crap in a hurry. The dimmer switch I put in the dining room took a lot longer than it should have - simple things are never easy in an old house. Then about the time I finished that my wife calls and says "What are you doing?" When I told her there was the thing about projects (whatever they might be) that I'm not doing there. Anyway the call was to tell me she made a vet appointment for "my" cat on Monday - bleeding issue - bladder stones. Somehow I think it's more related to me being gone because it seems to clear up when I'm back - I tend to think Maggie just doesn't like my wife - I'm pretty sure the wife scares the crap out of her. Sometimes it's like living in a construction zone - nothing is quiet around some wives.

The worst part is that I have to pick my trips around events. Had to be back mid week to get pretesting for another try at a Left Atrial Appendage closure the following week - then it's the series of visits for the wife's cataract surgeries. Always something; I always wonder how I had time to work before retiring.

Anyone else not too excited about this mid-morning foosball game tomorrow? I can't remember what year it was, mid 80's maybe, but I recall going to a game at Neyland and sitting in the north end zone next to a couple of Tiger fans and hearing the guy sing "go tigers" for three straight hours. By the time the game was over and we kicked their ass, I was ready to strangle the dude.

Anyone else not too excited about this mid-morning foosball game tomorrow? I can't remember what year it was, mid 80's maybe, but I recall going to a game at Neyland and sitting in the north end zone next to a couple of Tiger fans and hearing the guy sing "go tigers" for three straight hours. By the time the game was over and we kicked their ass, I was ready to strangle the dude.

I love a noon Big Game..like Dallas, I can still hit the Blue Plate..

Who am I kidding..just gives me an excuse to drink beer earlier and get to bed at my normal 9 PM

I'm a big fan of 9am kickoffs (I'm in AZ). After the game ends, I'll still have most of the day left.

I see this as the same as a Florida test..just on the road.
A real road game and probably spots them 7.
If our OL holds up..we win going away. I think we have a good enough DL to bring pressure against (2) Freshman tackles and a gimpy QB.

VAWLS by 12.

mqdefault.jpg

I see this as the same as a Florida test..just on the road.
A real road game and probably spots them 7.
If our OL holds up..we win going away. I think we have a good enough DL to bring pressure against (2) Freshman tackles and a gimpy QB.

VAWLS by 12.

mqdefault.jpg

Really miss Leonard's Losers. That was a weekly highlight.

VN Store

Back