Official Dirt Track Racing Thread

Been loving the Chili Bowl and the Wild West Shootout this week on Flo!

Same.

Midget racing has always been some far away Midwest thing I’d occasionally see on tape delay, or hear some drivers refer to when talking about how they came up.

I’m fascinated by these cars, especially the engine setups.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Weird news. how do you get released from your own team?

BREAKING NEWS: The "Wild Child" Jac Haudenschild will pilot the Rico Abreu Racing No. 24 for 25 events during his 48th and final season of competition. Jac Haudenschild Racing 2021 agenda in the RAR seat will be determined at a later date.

Effective immediately, Rico Abreu has been released from Rico Abreu Racing and is seeking new opportunities.

NASCAR CUP CHAMP CHASE ELLIOTT TO MAKE USAC MIDGET DEBUT AT OCALA

By: Richie Murray – USAC Media

Speedway, Indiana (February 1, 2021)………Reigning NASCAR Cup Series champion Chase Elliott will make his USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget debut in the CB Industries No. 84 when the series arrives at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Fla. for Winter Dirt Games XII on Feb. 5-6 for the start of the new season.

The new ride for Elliott will sport sponsorship from NAPA – Pristine Auction – K & C Drywall for the defending USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget championship owning team at the 3/8-mile D-shaped dirt track where Elliott will also be teamed with 2020 series champ, Chris Windom.

Elliott, of Dawsonville, Ga. native recently made his first foray into midget racing with a third and fourth place finish last December at North Carolina’s Millbridge Speedway, and also contested January’s Chili Bowl Midget Nationals in Tulsa, Okla., just narrowly missing the cut for the final transfer spot to the feature in his preliminary night B-Main.

CB Industries team owner Boat, and Elliott, share a mutual respect, and their racing activities together date back to when they competed against each other as drivers on the NASCAR K & N Pro Series East circuit in 2011-12.

During this past January’s Chili Bowl, Elliott expressed a desire to do more midget racing in the future and Boat was more than happy to oblige with Elliott stationed an hour-and-a-half away in Daytona as he prepares for the opening of the NASCAR Cup season.

“I’ve been talking to Chase ever since he started doing a little bit of midget stuff,” Boat explained. *“After Chili Bowl, he was looking to do a little bit more to get ready for Chili Bowl in 2022. *I think it just made sense with us being down here close to what he’s doing for his other work. *It just made sense for him that it would be a good place for him to come over and do it.”

Elliott, son of 1988 NASCAR Winston Cup champion driver Bill Elliott, is one of the top stars on the NASCAR circuit, recording 11 series wins over the past three seasons at the Charlotte oval, the Charlotte roval twice, the Daytona Road Course, Martinsville, Phoenix, Talladega, Watkins Glen Road Course twice, Dover and Kansas.

Additionally, Chase has been named the most popular NASCAR Cup driver in each of the past three seasons in 2018-19-20.

Looking at hitting Volunteer & Tazwell on Memorial Day weekend. There is a race on Friday at Volunteer and one Sunday at Tazwell. Looking at staying at the Tazwell Motor Lodge for the weekend. Any reviews of the Lodge or tips?

Update: I've added Smokey Mountain Speedway to the trip also. 3 days, 3 different tracks

Last edited:
Jonathan "Superman" Davenport smoked all of them at Bristol when his tires came in. He went by Bloomquist and Larson like they were standing still. He said his car had a lot more left. He was just cruising and saving his tires the last few laps.

PORT ROYAL, PA – The ‘Speed Showcase’ has grown significantly.

After being postponed by COVID-19 regulations in March, the Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco ‘Speed Showcase’ at Port Royal Speedway was rescheduled to mid-October. Now, the event has reached epic proportions for big-block/small-block Modified teams.

The ‘Speed Showcase 200’ weekend will now take place Thursday-Saturday, October 15-17 at the Speed Palace, headlined by a 200-lap event offering $53,000 to win from a total purse structure of more than $125,000.

The event takes the place of the scheduled Fonda 200 weekend at Fonda (N.Y.) Speedway, originally slated for September 17-19 at the Track of Champions. Regulations in place by the New York State Democratic Party and Governor Cuomo will not allow for the 200 at Fonda this season.
Live 5 minutes away from there, go all the time, once the weather warms up

The dirt race at Bristol is between Larson and Stenhouse, IMO. The best dirt racers currently on the top circuit

Yeah, Larson is a 2.5 to 1 favorite in Vegas. And he tore up WoO last summer. He’s your winner unless he gets collected in a wreck

Bristol practice today in the sun is dusty as heck, lol. Not really a good look. Those not familiar with real dirt racing wil think it’s normal. 🙄

Reactions: tbwhhs
Looking at hitting Volunteer & Tazwell on Memorial Day weekend. There is a race on Friday at Volunteer and one Sunday at Tazwell. Looking at staying at the Tazwell Motor Lodge for the weekend. Any reviews of the Lodge or tips?

Update: I've added Smokey Mountain Speedway to the trip also. 3 days, 3 different tracks
3 of the best tracks IMO. Volunteer is my favorite followed by a Taz in a close second. Smoky is good if track prep is good. Be a fun a weekend

Ok y'all, don't laugh. This old man who quit racing in 2002 figured I would never race again. Now however I have discovered Mini Late Models. Hmmm?

Ok y'all, don't laugh. This old man who quit racing in 2002 figured I would never race again. Now however I have discovered Mini Late Models. Hmmm?

One of our local tracks had a these for a supporting class last year and I was like "That would be fun as hell!"

richard-johnson-8-2_p3.jpg

VN Store

Back