Official Detroit Tigers thread

I think Detroit is the best team in baseball. They've got to improve the bullpen.

Reactions: 2 people
Well they're making up for that run difference today

Last edited:
The announcement of Dave Dombrowski's release was a complete shock, why would the Tigers let him go?

The announcement of Dave Dombrowski's release was a complete shock, why would the Tigers let him go?

My guess is he was leaving anyways.

I think he got tired of Illitch's "Get me a title no matter what" ideology and wanted to build a team without that hanging over his head.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh how the mighty have fallen, started out so strong at the start of the year and now we are sitting in last place.

Opening day in Lakeland. Absolutely perfect weather

Attachments

• IMG_20170224_125759.jpg
    IMG_20170224_125759.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
Detroit Tigers still on pace for 162-0
First game I watched was 1971 at RFK against the Washington Senators.

Lolich vs. Denny Mcclain( that’s right).
Lolich won 25 games that year. McClain lost 22.
Tigers won 4-1. Senators one run came on a Frank Howard home run that was going out of the stadium in Dead CF but hit the very top of the lights and dropped back on the field. I’ll never forget the roar when Howard hit his moonshot.

Received Al Kalines autograph pregame. I was too bashful to say anything to him. My Dad tried to chat him up but Kaline kept his head down, did not make eye-contact and continued down the line signing about a dozen autographs. Never said a word to anybody. Storming Norman was hanging at the batters cage and looked over at fans trying to call him for autographs but never came over.

Ted Williams was the manager of the Senators. I was too young at the time to fully understand what a memory this was going to be for me the rest of my life.

The last ever Senators game was about a month later at RFK. The fans rioted at the end of the game and tore up the field. The Senators moved and became the Texas Rangers in 1972.

Reactions: MAD
First game I watched was 1971 at RFK against the Washington Senators.

Lolich vs. Denny Mcclain( that’s right).
Lolich won 25 games that year. McClain lost 22.
Tigers won 4-1. Senators one run came on a Frank Howard home run that was going out of the stadium in Dead CF but hit the very top of the lights and dropped back on the field. I’ll never forget the roar when Howard hit his moonshot.

Received Al Kalines autograph pregame. I was too bashful to say anything to him. My Dad tried to chat him up but Kaline kept his head down, did not make eye-contact and continued down the line signing about a dozen autographs. Never said a word to anybody. Storming Norman was hanging at the batters cage and looked over at fans trying to call him for autographs but never came over.

Ted Williams was the manager of the Senators. I was too young at the time to fully understand what a memory this was going to be for me the rest of my life.

The last ever Senators game was about a month later at RFK. The fans rioted at the end of the game and tore up the field. The Senators moved and became the Texas Rangers in 1972.
You got a great memory, very cool story.

You got a great memory, very cool story.
Actually I found some game discrepancies when I looked the game up on Baseball reference. Not sure how accurate their website is when displaying game details from 50 years ago. It shows Coleman as the pitcher and the final score 4-2.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back