Official Detroit Tigers thread

Hope everyone's doing well the morning after. Tigers have a chance to close this series out at home because we accomplished what the main goal was on the road in earning the split. This team is very resilient...let's hope it translates into a World Series berth.

Reactions: 1 person
Scherzer isn't getting the same corner calls Buchholz is. Shouldn't be an issue but it's becoming an annoyance

good season, disappointing finish. Dombrowski needs to go to work on the bullpen. also I hope he's willing to eat some of Prince's contract because I would literally take anyone else at this point.

After a great Vols game and many beers, my friends talked me into shaving my beard to gain momentum heading into last nights game. Now I look absolutely ridiculous. Needles to say I will remember this loss for a while. I hate Budweiser, my "friends" and the bearded bosox. Nonetheless GO Vols! Go Lions (and softly whispers) go Tigers.

Reactions: 1 person
A few thoughts:

-Benoit is gone. Wants $14 mil/2 years and there's no way DD will give him that
-A few rumors are floating around that DD will pursue Ellsbury this offseason. This would solve the Tigers leadoff and speed issues pretty quickly. Also might help get rid of Jackson
-Porcello is eligible for arbitration and he's improved slowly every year since 2010. I think the Tigers hold on to him, but who knows
-Smyly will be back. Rondon will be back (if healthy). Al-Al should be back. Veras is iffy. Phil Coke...please, no.

A few thoughts:

-Benoit is gone. Wants $14 mil/2 years and there's no way DD will give him that
-A few rumors are floating around that DD will pursue Ellsbury this offseason. This would solve the Tigers leadoff and speed issues pretty quickly. Also might help get rid of Jackson
-Porcello is eligible for arbitration and he's improved slowly every year since 2010. I think the Tigers hold on to him, but who knows
-Smyly will be back. Rondon will be back (if healthy). Al-Al should be back. Veras is iffy. Phil Coke...please, no.

Keep Jackson. Two years of team control for a solid OBP and great D.

if they can find a way to keep him and find a better leadoff hitter I'm all for it. however Jackson is simply not a leadoff hitter.

VN Store

Back