Official: Danny White hired as AD

This is great. Now, please let him make a quick but smart coaching hire. It's about time Tennessee stood up to the plate and went after a big name quick instead of twiddling their thumbs for weeks.

Reactions: I4Vols and dlravol2
I can't say I seen his name on any lists. I can't believe we made not just a competent hire but a great one. Also HELL NO to Heupal.

Does anyone think we may already have a coach selected, as well?

You never know. White has connections to Freeze. It would be huge if they had already worked it out amongst themselves and they drop the news tomorrow. Would really legitimize the program if you ask me.

Very good. Now we have to wait to see what penalties we receive. No idea how long that will take, but it’s unlikely we are able to hire anyone good before that stuff comes out.

Holy $hit, just when I didn't think UT had it in them to ever hit one out of the park! I am surprised!

Wow, my initial search for background is super impressive with his previous work at BOTH Buffalo and UCF. The fact his farther and brother are also ADs at Duke and another directional FL school is pretty impressive. Have not rattled the cages looking for bad bones, hope he has none.

Must have been in the top drawer at he agency... should not be a big bill since it did not take long. Vetting done, saved a lot of time.

I am excited about our first step based on early returns. Bet he passed the Boyd integrity test.

VN Store

Back