Official Brexit Referendum Discussion

The same reason we don’t typically have referendum’s on treaties and trade deals, especially before the details are hashed out. It was far too complex to honestly present it to the people.

YES or No. Real complex for a vote.
Let me ask you this. Did the people get a vote on being in the EU in first place? Hell no.

Trade deal with China: yes or no?

Simple, right?

It is a political union, not just a treaty or trade deal. Appointed, not elected representation, to a political entity that spends tax dollars and enacts legislation. Big difference.

I am not arguing the complexities of exiting the union. Just allowing the people the vote and govt has to implement the will of the vote.

It is a political union, not just a treaty or trade deal. Appointed, not elected representation, to a political entity that spends tax dollars and enacts legislation. Big difference.

I am not arguing the complexities of exiting the union. Just allowing the people the vote and govt has to implement the will of the vote.
That is the problem. It was far too complex. UKIP just made it sound simple to sell it, but the people had little idea about the ramifications of the vote.

That is the problem. It was far too complex. UKIP just made it sound simple to sell it, but the people had little idea about the ramifications of the vote.

So you do not believe in representative govt.
The fact that all these complexities were implemented in the first place without vote is the issue.

However, I bet you support a do over revote.

So you do not believe in representative govt.
The fact that all these complexities were implemented in the first place without vote is the issue.

However, I bet you support a do over revote.

There should have never been a generic Brexit vote, the powers that be should have had a plan in place and then held a vote on whether to exit the EU per that plan or stay.

Reactions: tvolsfan
If so, it’s only because Brexit is far more complex. Your refusal to answer is telling.

Comparing trade deals with political union again. Your denial of democracy is telling.
I have my answer. It is No because a decoupling with communist China causes me no lost sleep.
Now, your turn. Would you support a revote right now?

Comparing trade deals with political union again. Your denial of democracy is telling.
I have my answer. It is No because a decoupling with communist China causes me no lost sleep.
Now, your turn. Would you support a revote right now?
The point is you don’t know if the deal is good or bad before it’s made. You’re saying no to dodge having to debate the details you can’t possibly know yet.

Trade deals are a MASSIVE part of Brexit. Yes, I would support a confirmatory referendum when the public understands the stakes. Or as you call it, “anti-democracy.”

The point is you don’t know if the deal is good or bad before it’s made. You’re saying no to dodge having to debate the details you can’t possibly know yet.

Trade deals are a MASSIVE part of Brexit. Yes, I would support a confirmatory referendum when the public understands the stakes. Or as you call it, “anti-democracy.”

The 1975 Common Market vote was for trade and duties. Not even close to what has morphed where Britain has to send $40 Billion to Brussels every year. That would be like $300B for the US. Sure that was not part of the plan in 1975.

Good for Britain..they were getting a terrible deal in the EU It's good to be Poland apparently though Germany gonna have to dig deeper now Chart-of-the-EUs-givers-and-takers-728x1024.jpg

I bet you supported ACA without knowing what was in it. You know the "we have to pass to know what is in it" kind of thing,

I bet you supported ACA without knowing what was in it. You know the "we have to pass to know what is in it" kind of thing,

I supported it and I didn't know everything in it. We elect representatives to go to Washington to do that sort of thing for us. If you don't like what they are doing you vote for someone else next time. Don't tell me you know everything that's in most bills you support.

I supported it and I didn't know everything in it. We elect representatives to go to Washington to do that sort of thing for us. If you don't like what they are doing you vote for someone else next time. Don't tell me you know everything that's in most bills you support.
But shouldn’t the representatives know what’s in it before voting on it?

Good grief another Brexit delay...Johnson has said no more negotiations and 10/31 they are out no deal or not. The EU is terrible for Britain they pay far more in than they get out Chart-of-the-EUs-givers-and-takers-728x1024.jpg

VN Store

Back