Official Bracket Watch Thread

If we want to put ourselves in a good spot, winning the next 2 would be huge. And since the 3rd one is at home against UF might as well add that one. I'd feel like we're getting in at that point.

Right now, as far as the eye test goes I just can't put us in and I'm strongly biased. I think this team has enough talent to be in there but they've just been too inconsistent. Play Kansas close and look really good, blow Arkansas out, come from behind and beat Bama at a place where we never win, but then lose at home to A&M, blow a huge opportunity on the road against USCe, nearly lose to Vandy at home, lose to Memphis in one of the ugliest games I've ever watched. And there's more good and bad that I've left out of course. Been up and down all year.

Again, we've seen flashes along the way, Vescovi has settled in it seems. Fulky playing at an All SEC level, Pons greatly improved. I want to see us finish out strong and give the committee something to really chew on down the stretch but we have to be more consistent for that to happen. And of course, we have to win some games too.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
If we want to put ourselves in a good spot, winning the next 2 would be huge. And since the 3rd one is at home against UF might as well add that one. I'd feel like we're getting in at that point.

Right now, as far as the eye test goes I just can't put us in and I'm strongly biased. I think this team has enough talent to be in there but they've just been too inconsistent. Play Kansas close and look really good, blow Arkansas out, come from behind and beat Bama at a place where we never win, but then lose at home to A&M, blow a huge opportunity on the road against USCe, nearly lose to Vandy at home, lose to Memphis in one of the ugliest games I've ever watched. And there's more good and bad that I've left out of course. Been up and down all year.

Again, we've seen flashes along the way, Vescovi has settled in it seems. Fulky playing at an All SEC level, Pons greatly improved. I want to see us finish out strong and give the committee something to really chew on down the stretch but we have to be more consistent for that to happen. And of course, we have to win some games too.
If we win 3 of our last 5 I think we're in and we'd be a lock if we were to also win 1 in SEC tournament. It's a longshot but if they pull it off they will have earned the bid. I'm usually positive as well so I'm not going to give up just yet, but I agree, terribly inconsistent which I think is easily explained.

Agree, the #1 thing is we have to win or it doesn’t matter at all what the others do.
I don’t know if the players can do it, but now is tournament season where you win or go home. We haven’t seen it since that Cuonzo team that squeezed in and got to Sweet 16 with that great run. Win and advance, you hold your future in your hands. Win 3 of 5 and make it to championship game probably makes a good case for inclusion. Not a prediction we will, but at least there is no waiting for someone to lose for us to back in. We just have to go get it.

I don’t know if the players can do it, but now is tournament season where you win or go home. We haven’t seen it since that Cuonzo team that squeezed in and got to Sweet 16 with that great run. Win and advance, you hold your future in your hands. Win 3 of 5 and make it to championship game probably makes a good case for inclusion. Not a prediction we will, but at least there is no waiting for someone to lose for us to back in. We just have to go get it.

I think 3-2 has them in regardless of SECT

The UF-Tennessee outcome has a ton to do with how UF handles its next two games -- at Kentucky and then hosting LSU. If UF wins those games, then you have an excellent chance to win. If UF loses both of those games, then I would pick the Gators over UT. My rationale is that, like most teams this year, the only thing consistent about UF has been their inconsistency.

It’s pretty wild how much of the field appears to be set, obviously 1 or 2 teams may fall apart, but right now it appears there’s only about 4-5 spots left up for grabs.

Indiana, Cincinnati, NC State, Utah State and Richmond are all in on the newest update...Georgetown, Purdue, Mississippi State, Stanford and Providence really are the only teams currently close.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Saturday games...

Marquette vs. Providence
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh
Missouri vs. Arkansas
Houston vs. Memphis
Michigan vs. Purdue
Villanova vs. Xavier
ETSU vs. Samford
Mississippi State vs. Texas A&M
Florida State vs. NC State
Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State
Rhode Island vs. Davidson
Florida vs. Kentucky
LSU vs. South Carolina
Richmond vs. St. Bonaventure
San Diego vs. St. Mary’s
Oregon State vs. Arizona State
Alabama vs. Ole Miss
Georgetown vs. DePaul

Last edited:
Today was completely picturesque of the entire season. Get a 17 point lead on the road against a top 15 team, but turn the ball over 24 times, no composure, no consistency. This team just not there yet.

VN Store

Back