Official Bracket Watch Thread

Auburn Down to 28 this morning. We jumped up 1 in the NeT overnight

Yeah, that loss to Georgia puts them in a weird place vis-à-vis our schedule. If we beat them on Saturday that's a Q1 win, but also essentially ensures that the game we play against them in Knoxville is Q2 unless they somehow manage to win their next three and climb back into the top 30.

Reactions: berryvol
Auburn Down to 28 this morning. We jumped up 1 in the NeT overnight

I think you’ll start to see us pop up on some next 4 outs today and tomorrow if some get published...Arkansas and Alabama on life support, same for Minnesota, no way Purdue can be in right now or really even considered until they win a couple...just not a huge pool of teams to choose from.

I was meaning more in reference to you having said we may not move much this late...seems like quite a bit of movement could still occur.

My comment on that matter was referring more to Auburn than anything else. With us playing them twice we need them to be as high as possible. To think we will get the same bump as NC state got with beating duke seems sketchy to me

now if we win at rupp we should get a similar bump

My comment on that matter was referring more to Auburn than anything else. With us playing them twice we need them to be as high as possible. To think we will get the same bump as NC state got with beating duke seems sketchy to me

now if we win at rupp we should get a similar bump

Yea I didn’t specifically mention Auburn, just stating that it’s still plausible for that Net Ranking to move quite a bit.

Yea I didn’t specifically mention Auburn, just stating that it’s still plausible for that Net Ranking to move quite a bit.

Agreed when you are talking about where we and NC state were.
Harder for a team like Florida that is in the 30s

for me the million dollar question is can we get inside of the top 50 by going 3-2. It’s going to be tough I think

Agreed when you are talking about where we and NC state were.
Harder for a team like Florida that is in the 30s

for me the million dollar question is can we get inside of the top 50 by going 3-2. It’s going to be tough I think

Probably not, but also isn’t necessary.

I think the most realistic outcome at this point is the following: @Auburn L, @Arky W, Florida, W, @UK L, Auburn W. 18 wins would leave us needing 1-2 wins in the tourney to probably make it.

This is a great post until the end. Everything you say is likely correct and then you contradict it by saying Saturday is a must win

Probably could be better stated that a loss on Saturday makes every other game a must win. We might slip in going 3-2 but I doubt it, especially if the other loss is at Rupp. I just don’t see wins at Arkansas and home against Florida and Auburn being enough. We would definitely need help.

I wouldn’t want to be on the committee picking from bubble teams this year. There really isn’t going to be a “right” decision.

Probably could be better stated that a loss on Saturday makes every other game a must win. We might slip in going 3-2 but I doubt it, especially if the other loss is at Rupp. I just don’t see wins at Arkansas and home against Florida and Auburn being enough. We would definitely need help.

I wouldn’t want to be on the committee picking from bubble teams this year. There really isn’t going to be a “right” decision.

Good post

I think 3-2 is good enough but i certainly respect those that think otherwise

Good post

I think 3-2 is good enough but i certainly respect those that think otherwise

I think it’s good enough if one of those wins is Kentucky on the road. Otherwise I think you need 2 in the tournament. 3-2 probably gives us 6th in the SEC, so likely a Georgia/Ole Miss type matchup followed by most likely Auburn....of course all of this is pretty wild speculation at this point.

SEC schedule is interesting this year, a lot of top half vs top half and bottom half vs bottom half match ups to close the year....could be a lot of moving happening.

VN Store

Back