Official Bracket Watch Thread

Arkansas and Kentucky historically have been tough places for UT to acquire a victory.

Georgia is showing the blueprint that Tennessee has to have to possibly get a win on Saturday, which is to drive the ball every chance and Bowden or James needs to channel Anthony Edwards and score 25 to 30 points and Tennessee needs to run every chance they get while getting Wiley of Auburn in foul trouble.

Arkansas and Kentucky historically have been tough places for UT to acquire a victory.

Georgia is showing the blueprint that Tennessee has to have to possibly get a win on Saturday, which is to drive the ball every chance and Bowden or James needs to channel Anthony Edwards and score 25 to 30 points and Tennessee needs to run every chance they get while getting Wiley of Auburn in foul trouble.

Edwards wasn’t even that good in the game. They built their lead without him doing much

I think the blueprint is on D and stopping them which isn’t as tough as was before

Correct. We haven't won there since 08.
Yup. Our three road games remaining are in the toughest places to play in the conference. It’s odd that I feel most confident about playing at auburn at this point but that’s where we are.

Yup. Our three road games remaining are in the toughest places to play in the conference. It’s odd that I feel most confident about playing at auburn at this point but that’s where we are.
Me too, especially if Isaiah Joe is back for Arky when we play them in Hogtown. Auburn without Okoro is probably our best chance at a road win, even if still remote.

I feel like I'm back in college at ETSU...they are clearly better than UT at this time. As a fan and a grad of both I'm not sure how to feel.

Me too, especially if Isaiah Joe is back for Arky when we play them in Hogtown. Auburn without Okoro is probably our best chance at a road win, even if still remote.
Really hoping auburn plays it safe and sits Okoro until the SEC tourney. If we can get them on the road and win our two home games, we’ll give ourselves a fighting chance to get an SEC tourney win or two and maybe get in.

This topic is a lot less interesting when we're instead on the NIT bubble. Win 2 of the next 3 and it gets a lot more relevant. Win 3 of 3 and it becomes extremely relevant.

Reactions: OG.V83
Going 0-5 we lose our minds
Going 1-4 we lose our minds
Going 2-3 with no wins against Auburn/KY we don’t get in
Going 2-3 with wins against Auburn AND KY will put us on Bubble even with the other losses.
Going 3-2 with only 1 Auburn or KY win, gets us on bubble
Going 4-1 we are in
Going 5-0 we are in plus probably 4th place in SEC

Moral of story is that we really need to get 2 wins against Auburn/KY.

Saturday is essentially a “must win”

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Wednesday’s games (bolded is team we want to win)...

UCF vs. Cincinnati
Texas A&M vs. Alabama
East Carolina vs. Memphis
George Mason vs. Richmond
Boston College vs. Virginia
Providence vs. Georgetown
Duke vs. NC State
Indiana vs. Minnesota
South Carolina vs. Mississippi State

UCF wins
A&M wins
ECU loses
GM loses
BC loses
Providence wins
Duke loses
Indiana wins
Mississippi State wins

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I just think margin of victory doesn’t tell us anything about the real story of a basketball game

Without the dumb last minute the Vols might have even covered the line last night and that game was close.

Exactly...there are a lot of close games (2-3 possessions) where a team is down 4-8 points so they start fouling and the team can easily lose by 10+ points

Going 0-5 we lose our minds
Going 1-4 we lose our minds
Going 2-3 with no wins against Auburn/KY we don’t get in
Going 2-3 with wins against Auburn AND KY will put us on Bubble even with the other losses.
Going 3-2 with only 1 Auburn or KY win, gets us on bubble
Going 4-1 we are in
Going 5-0 we are in plus probably 4th place in SEC

Moral of story is that we really need to get 2 wins against Auburn/KY.

Saturday is essentially a “must win”

This is a great post until the end. Everything you say is likely correct and then you contradict it by saying Saturday is a must win

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back