Official Boxing thread

We've had a pretty lengthy discussion in here before about Canelo before so I'm no going to rehash that whole thing again but I just don't get the love for him.

That's not to say that I dislike him, everything I see about him makes it seem like he's a good guy but, as a fighter, I just don't get the appeal.

We've had a pretty lengthy discussion in here before about Canelo before so I'm no going to rehash that whole thing again but I just don't get the love for him.

That's not to say that I dislike him, everything I see about him makes it seem like he's a good guy but, as a fighter, I just don't get the appeal.

I think he is a better boxer, now, than he was when he fought Mayweather. Maybe he was too young then, 23 at the time. Now, 27 and improving. But, Khan has a glass jaw and I don't think the comp he has faced since then is in the stratosphere of Money. But, he keeps winning, impressively and Mexicans love boxing and have helped make him a star. Triple G is just a killer and although he is 35 and Canelo is in his prime, I just think GGG, in his 1st mega fight is going to make a statement. Like I said before, hope I'm wrong and Canelo puts on a boxing exhibition and catches him late, but I doubt it. Triple G by 10th round TKO.

Just watched a replay of GGG-Alvarez and scored it 115-115, 5 rounds a piece and 2 rounds even. Of course, I was biased towards Canelo, so I can see why most people had GGG winning. Even tho Canelo won the last round, imo, if it had went 15 rounds there is no doubt in my mind that Triple G wins. Very good fight, a lot better than that 3-ring circus sideshow, Mayweather-McGregor

Andre Ward is retiring. I watched his first fight. He's the only boxer I ever heard about before his career started. He didn't disappoint. What a career.

Anybody catch the 154 triple header on showtime?

-The Charlo brothers should scare everyone
- Hurd is legit
- watching Lara fights are like watching paint dry

Possibly the worst fight between elite fighters I’ve ever watched.

Never thought I’d see Rigo get outboxed so badly

Was pretty terrible. Rigo has always been accused of being a boring fighter but last night was beyond anything I’d ever seen from him. Then again, I’ve been saying for a while I thought Loma was the best P4P even with limited professional experience and last night didn’t do anything to change that. I liked when they asked Bradley how to attack him and his response was simply, “I don’t think that person has been born yet”.

Was pretty terrible. Rigo has always been accused of being a boring fighter but last night was beyond anything I’d ever seen from him. Then again, I’ve been saying for a while I thought Loma was the best P4P even with limited professional experience and last night didn’t do anything to change that. I liked when they asked Bradley how to attack him and his response was simply, “I don’t think that person has been born yet”.

Mikey Garcia would be a good fight. After that, I mean there’s nobody. He’s not gonna jump high enough to fight Crawford. Crawford isn’t gonna come down.

If anyone forgot about the wilder fight last night don't rush to watch the replay because it was a pretty meh fight with wilder winning by tko in the 10th.

It also seems like the judges weren't going to let him lose if it went the distance either as they had him up at the time of the stoppage. I had Ortiz up 3 but could see 2 or 1. I looked around after the fight just to make sure I wasn't being bias and the vast majority of people saw it the same or close to what I did

If anyone forgot about the wilder fight last night don't rush to watch the replay because it was a pretty meh fight with wilder winning by tko in the 10th.

It also seems like the judges weren't going to let him lose if it went the distance either as they had him up at the time of the stoppage. I had Ortiz up 3 but could see 2 or 1. I looked around after the fight just to make sure I wasn't being bias and the vast majority of people saw it the same or close to what I did

Ortiz is probably close to 50 lol. At least we learned Wilder has a chin. He was out on his feet for two rounds and was able to bring it back together.

VN Store

Back