official bowl game announcement thread

According to the twitterverse, UT to Liberty was a lock until the playoff committee selected 2 sec teams in the top 4 bowls. That opened up a spot and Music City made a move for UT today.

If LSU was MCB #1 as someone said the director of the bowl said they were then why make a move for UT? Unless they thought someone else would grab LSU first.

We don't want any of that.

Why does everyone think they are such a bad matchup? They went 7-5, and lost to Bama and OU, same as the Vols. They got a great win vs. Baylor, but also lost to a 6-6 Texas team.

I think UT vs. West Virginia would be a great game, and a good test for the team, especially the defense. By my count WVU is like 7-2 when scoring 30+. But a lot of those are are vs. Townson, Maryland, Texas Tech, Iowa St. I'd think our defense is more on par with K State, OU, Texas etc.

At least WV's strength is Offense which lines up against UT's strength being our Defense with a couple weeks of practice/rest.

They are not supposed to disclose locations til 4:30 CST. Just read Louisville is telling their fans 4:30. Not sure this is done yet. Not word on Music City Bowl website or UT Sports

Looks like some Vols on here should be wearing Yellow. Memphis ain't Bagdad guys. Don't be scared come on out we will protect ya

This has turned into a hate or support Memphis argument. Can they just announce for Belk already :)

Fyi to the guy talking about it being flat in Memphis. When I moved to Charlotte, I couldn't stand that everything was flat. It was a sense of comfort seeing the Blue Mountians on every side. Took me 10 years to get that feeling to go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Color me shocked that people who haven't made it further west than Lenoir City in three decades are terrified of Memphis.

I have never been to Memphis, but I sure as hell will
be there if that's where we end up. Just tell me where not to go. Lol

VN Store

Back