Official Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related (merged)

Started “The Killer Angels”, historical fiction set during the Battle of Gettysburg. Awesome so far

Its a great book. It's the basis for the film "Gettysburg" that starred Martin Sheen, Jeff Daniels, Tom Berenger, Stephen Lang and many more.

Once you finish that you should finish the trilogy that was written by the original author's son Jeff Shaara "Gods & Generals" and "The Last Full Measure"

It's a shame they never could finish the the film trilogy after Gods & Generals.

Its a great book. It's the basis for the film "Gettysburg" that starred Martin Sheen, Jeff Daniels, Tom Berenger, Stephen Lang and many more.

Once you finish that you should finish the trilogy that was written by the original author's son Jeff Shaara "Gods & Generals" and "The Last Full Measure"

It's a shame they never could finish the the film trilogy after Gods & Generals.

I’ll look into it, thanks!

I go through swings of what I want to read, so I think his Galactic Empire series is next when I get back to a sci-fi mood. I've read the original three Foundation books now, along with I,Robot and one of his short story collections called Gold.

Right now I'm reading Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules for Life. Thinking I'll go to The Hobbit and LOTR after that, but could end up reading another Murakami book.

Asimov and Heinlein are the masters. The best of all time in sci fi...it's amazing half to three quarters of a century later how much of their fictional technology has become real. Many of those books were written before we even made it to the moon...

Asimov and Heinlein are the masters. The best of all time in sci fi...it's amazing half to three quarters of a century later how much of their fictional technology has become real. Many of those books were written before we even made it to the moon...
Asimov revised his reasoning for why Earth was a lost planet in the Foundation and empire series.

Originally, the Earth had been rendered unlivable due to Nuclear war. When studies came out showing that we'd drastically overstated the length that nuclear fallout would last, he decided to write a robot book about a roboticist who developed a way to make every single shred of radioactive mineral on the planet slowly grow critical.

Earth just slowly became more and more radioactive until everyone left, and mentions of it in history were intentionally scrubbed to prevent ancestors in the distant future from looking for it.

He had a way of using his mistakes very well

Black Hole Blues. I just finished a book on Einstein and my brother in law sent me this one. Very interesting, but definitely not for everybody.

The Battle for the Beginning- John MacArthur

Reformed Dogmatics -Herman Bavinck

Apologetics- John Frame

Institutes for the Christian Religion- John Calvin

Incarnation- Thomas F. Torrance

The Genesis Account- Jonathan Sarfati

Just finished Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules for Life, now reading The Hobbit for some lighthearted fun.

Starting Ben Shapiro’s Project President this week. Trying to hold off and it be my plane read while
on the long leg flight I’ve got coming up in three weeks but is hard to hold off reading it.

I don't how anybody reads any kind of self help books.

I don't know how anybody reads any kind of book, then.

Many of the oldest writings there are are 'self help' books if you consider 12 Rules for Life purely self help. There's much more in the way of social commentary and philosophy than there is boring, buzzword-filled self help word vomit.

"White Sheets To Brown Babies" by Jvonne Hubbard.
It is a memoir about a woman raised by the Grand Dragon of the North Carolina chapter of the KKK. Amazing story of turning away from hate. Intense book.

I don't know how anybody reads any kind of book, then.

Many of the oldest writings there are are 'self help' books if you consider 12 Rules for Life purely self help. There's much more in the way of social commentary and philosophy than there is boring, buzzword-filled self help word vomit.

I find more insight into life with good ole fashioned fiction myself.

I've been a fan of history in general and a fan of WWII history in particular. Presently reading Rick Atkinson's The Guns at Last Light. It's the 3rd book in the liberation trilogy.

Love horror too but haven't read a good one since World War Z.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back